• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Use models as product tile

oxwivi

On product pages, product title with model written in small letters are mentioned. Since we keep of the products' name same as the model, there's no need for the titles, and mentioning the same thing in brackets is weird. Is it possible to use the model as the title or, conversely, remove the models being mentioned in the product pages?

Yes, you comment out or remove the code that displays the model no.

To find out how to do this please start to read www.w3schools.com where php and html coding is explained.

How to edit a php file.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Looking around the product_info.php file, I found what I need to comment out and succeeded in removing the model no. being mentioned in the product pages. Around line 49, find:

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br /><span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>';

You can either comment out or delete the everything from the dot to the semi-colon:

// Either comment out...
$products_name = $product_info['products_name']/* . '<br /><span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>'*/;

//... or delete
$products_name = $product_info['products_name'];

Note, as part of the PHP syntax, the semi-colon must not be commented out or deleted.

Archived