• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

dje0624

I realize this topic has been asked to death and I have read a lot of documentation but nothing that really guided me towards a solution. Im completely new to Oscommerce and im trying to help a friend with some seo on his site, in particular updating category title tags.

I have installed version 2.3.1 on my local machine and it is very different than his version, i dont know exactly what version he's running because i dont have ftp access just yet and as i understand it, you need to edit a file to get the version number, (is that really true?)

In my version I dont seem to be able to edit the category pages, i.e. edit meta data, write a description of the category, even edit the category name. Some of this is probably because i'm a novice but In his version next to each category is an edit icon where i can add an image, rewrite titles and title tags, add meta info.

This is where I encounter my problem, I have attached a screen shot of bottom of the category edit page, it shows that In theory I should be able to change the title tags fairly easily however when I try to save it nothing happens

Here's a screen shot of what I'm seeing post-304843-0-74543300-1327258889_thumb.jpg

Whats happening is when I try and save my new meta data it doesn't save at all and I dont know what could be causing this, file permissions maybe?

I guess im just looking for some general guidance and support, anything help you can offer is greatly appreciated, Im really looking forward to jumping into Oscommerce.

David,

The image you provided is not from a default osCommerce admin page. It looks like it might be osCMax you have. You will have to find out the actual version number and if it is in fact a fork of osCommerce.

Chris

Archived