• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Console Login - Error: Invalid administrator login attempt

rpope1025

I am working on a site that was originally developed by someone else, who my company no longer has access to, and I am tasked with picking up where he left off. As far as I know, everything is set up, and all that's left is data entry.

The problem, however, is that we can not accessthe admin panel. We get an error that says Error: Invalid administrator login attempt.

I have tried emptying the "administrators" table in phpMyAdmin, as well as creating new users, but that did not work either. My assumption is that there is a problem in the code.

@@rpope1025,

Did you check to see if there was an .htaccess protection password in place ?

Normally, the files for password validation are not changed. However, if you feel your files are, consider replacing them with new files from the original download.

Chris

@@rpope1025,

None that I know of. It is a simple task to replace the files with the originals. Just make sure you use files from the same version your shop is currently running on and MAKE A BACKUP of all files before changing anything.

Chris

Randal

Try this link and note the "extra" step at the end.

http://www.theukwaltons.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=51

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 weeks later...

@@geoffreywalton

Thanks. I already tried emptying the administrators table, and I dont have a table called action-recorder.

I am also going to try to change the .htaccess password - I'm feeling that that's probably the issue (how does something like that get changed in the first place? Could the original developer have messed it up on purpose?)

Archived