• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Feature. Hown to expand.

Dennisra

When a client does a search of my store they invariably use multiple terms. i.e "2010 Polaris Pro RMK 800 with 155 Track". This returns nothing or no matches as there is no title that matches that string exactly. However, if they were to search for any term individually i.e. "2010" Polaris" "RMK" "800" "Track" they would get mutiple results including the closest result to exactly what they are looking for.

How can search be modified to return all results for each term when the longer serch string is used?

When a client does a search of my store they invariably use multiple terms. i.e "2010 Polaris Pro RMK 800 with 155 Track". This returns nothing or no matches as there is no title that matches that string exactly. However, if they were to search for any term individually i.e. "2010" Polaris" "RMK" "800" "Track" they would get mutiple results including the closest result to exactly what they are looking for.

How can search be modified to return all results for each term when the longer serch string is used?

The default search operator is and. There is a setting in admin to change it to or. That means that instead of seaching for all of the words in the phase, it searches for any other them. That can return things you may not want returned but it is one possibility. Another is if you have the latest version of Header Tags SEO installed, it will record all searches and allow you to assign them to a product. The only other choice, that I can think of, is to add that text to the product description of the product you want returned. This can make the display a bit jumbled and your search has to include the description, but it will work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived