• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customer password turn into readable text

smash123

I have been using OSC for 8 years and i think it is outdated. So, I'm moving to other shopping cart. I need to import the customer info into the new shopping cart. The OSC database table of customer holds the login data including the password but it is showing as "eg:759305bc1c7bd7b1e64b88b19a653e7c:8d". I want to know if there is any way to convert this code in to readable text so that I can import into my new shopping cart? thanks

No but if you are just upgrading osc it is compatible but if you are going to another cart the only thing you can do is try to imort it and see if it works.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Try asking on the support forum to the cart of which you are moving - if you get no answer I wouldn't move!!!

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

They do it starting at $499USD.

Only 1 level of category in the shop, looks very simplistic shop to me.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

look for the code osc uses to encrypt the password. something like md5. If your new cart uses the same encryption, you can just keep the same value.

That won't work either because osCommerce uses a SALT.

I do not believe that any of the other carts use the same password encryption as osCommerce and therefore the customer information cannot easily be imported into another cart.

Chris

The passwords in an osCommerce database are "hashed" not "encrypted".

That means (as far as I know) you can't "decode" them back into man readable text.

Many people has posed this question and I've never seen anything to "decode" them posted.

That's one of the reasons the method was chosen - security.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived