• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forum Software Upgrade (12th January 2012)

Hi All..

A new Map feature has been added to the forum that replaces the older Worldwide site. If you've entered your long/lat coordinates in your profile for the Worldwide site, it has been automatically added to the new Map feature.

The Worldwide site domain has been updated to redirect to the new Map feature on the forum. (the redirect will work within 24hours)

Have fun with the new map! thumbsup.gif

Kind regards,

:heart:, osCommerce

Harald,

I am using FF9.0.1 and had problems when trying to add a link using the link icon. When I clicked it, the site froze and I had to use task manager to close the browser. When I logged back in, I was able to use the Link button to add the URL.

JSYK

Chris

Hello Harald,

Can you check this : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/tracker/issue-382-tep-validate-email-correct-function/

Forum says: "You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message"

That seems like a bug. And I'm not sure about the new version has the same issue. I don't want to do flood to check it again.

Regards.

Harald for what it's worth....if you add a smiley to a post it adds a double // before the public directory so the smiley doesn't show up....you just get the link that looks like this...

biggrin.png

Dan

I am using FF9.0.1 and had problems when trying to add a link using the link icon. When I clicked it, the site froze and I had to use task manager to close the browser. When I logged back in, I was able to use the Link button to add the URL. <snipped>

I just had the same thing happen. It could be Firefox acting up, but I've only seen it happen on this forum.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Chris, Jim..

I've experienced it with Chrome but it did not lock up my browser - a page refresh fixed it. It brings up a modal dialog where the page is deactivated, however no dialog appears.

I don't know the cause of it though.

Kind regards,

Yes, reloading the tab fixes it. Adding the link works once the page is reloaded. I've noticed before that the dialog box was slow to load the first time it is used in a tab, then is fast for all subsequent uses in the same tab.

I'll see if I can get more information the next time it happens.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Harald,

Another thing I noticed since the upgrade......I don't receive notifications from the forum when someone replies to a topic I am subscribed to.

Chris

Hi Dan..

Harald for what it's worth....if you add a smiley to a post it adds a double // before the public directory so the smiley doesn't show up....you just get the link that looks like this...

biggrin.png

Dan

I updated a setting - can you confirm if it's now fixed?

Testing: :ph34r: :devil: o:)

Kind regards,

Hi Chris..

Another thing I noticed since the upgrade......I don't receive notifications from the forum when someone replies to a topic I am subscribed to.

Can you confirm your notification settings:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

and

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

I get email notifications for the content I follow (eg, this topic).

Kind regards,

Hi Chris..

Can you confirm your notification settings:

http://forums.oscomm...a=notifications

and

http://forums.oscomm...rch&do=followed

I get email notifications for the content I follow (eg, this topic).

Kind regards,

Thanks Harald,

I will check my notifications to confirm they are set up correctly. They were working before the most recent upgrade.

Chris

Hi

Got disconnected from the chat room ffor maint at 09:00 after being shown a nice message.

09:13 kicked from the chat room.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi All..

The documentation link now points to a new section on the forum where we're in the process of migrating the documentation to. This has the advantage of being searchable directly on the forum and also allows community involvement.

Work in progress!

Kind regards,

Hi Dan..

I updated a setting - can you confirm if it's now fixed?

Testing: :ph34r: :devil: o:)

Kind regards,

my test : (w00t)

it works !

great ! :thumbsup:

Hi All..

A new feature has been added to the forum where members can be mentioned in a post and they are sent a notification through the forum notification system. This can be done with the @ symbol, example @Harald Ponce de Leon (mentioning yourself does not work).

This can be used to bring important posts to the direct attention of someone - up to 10 mentions are allowed per post.

Kind regards,

Not sure this is a good idea, frequent poster could get flooded with emails.

I prefer to look through the forum and choose which ones to answer, everybody thinks their post is very important.

In fact I think this is so important I'll send it to @@Harald Ponce de Leon

Cheers

G

PS On the downloads page could you please highlight the fact the v3 download is not ready for production sites yet, so peole don't download it and try to use it on live sites.

Thanks

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Chat room appears to be down.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Harald Ponce de Leon,

Another little bug.

In this thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/383282-cant-load-admin-panel/page__fromsearch__1 post #6, when I click the @mention link, I am brought back to the top of the page. I checked this with FF9.01 and IE8. It appears some members name effect how the forum uses the @mention function.

Chris

Archived