Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove English language


idacusph

Recommended Posts

Hello

 

I installed a new language, and after that I removed the english. After I did that I can no longer add categories or products. Is this a bug or have I missed to set up something?

 

Thanks in advance

Per

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Per,

 

Have you removed english from the admin side or the catalog side ? Did you make another language the default language ?

 

 

 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Cris

 

I went to the localization/languages in the admin. I guess it is for the catalog. I then added swedish, and made it default. It says "swedish(Default)"

If I add a product or category it is available in the catalog, but not in the admin.

 

Per

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you edit the english entry in the language table or delete it and insert a new record for Swedish?

 

Also did you install a Swedish language pack?

 

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

 

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

 

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

 

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have installed a swedish language pack, and it works in the catalog.

 

First I added swedish ( localization/languages in the admin) and after that I removed english.

 

 

What I can see from the query log is that it looks for categorydescriptions with language_id=1, but new categories get language 2 (for swedish). So, what I can see is that I should be able to change the default language used in admin so the query looks like "cd.language_id = '2'", but I cant find out where to do it.

 

This is the query from the log

11/01/2012 20:23:34 [QUERY] select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

 

 

/Per

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably the easiest thing to do is to go into phpmyadmin and amend the swedish language record.

 

Change the id number from 2 to 1.

 

Test and see if things work.

 

Then if they do, delete all the description records in all the tables which have a language id where the id is 2.

 

HTH

 

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

 

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

 

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

 

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your replies.

 

I havn't really done to much yet, so I will reinstall everything, leave english as an alternative and continue the real work. As I see it this is a bug, and I hope someone will fix it in the future.

 

Thanks

Per

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...