• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multiple drop down boxes for categories

Hi guys,

what i am looking to do is have multiple drop down boxes (one for each of the categories in my database) and each drop down box will display the sub categories within each category.

i would like the coding to check how many categories i have in my database and create a drop down box for each of them, with each drop down box containing the sub categories for that category.

i would then like a search button that searched for all the products that the criteria in the dropdown boxes.

i would like this to be displayed in the left column.

EXAMPLE;

i have a jigsaw site so some of my categories are;

manufacturers (this drop down box will display the sub categories in the manufactures category)

amount of pieces (this drop down box will display the sub categories in the amount of pieces category)

age (this drop down box will display the sub categories in the age category)

artist (this drop down box will display the sub categories in the artist category)

the categories could change so i would need dynamic code to check for the categories and then display the sub categories in the drop down box.

i would also like the default text in each of the drop down menus to be the name of the category.

if you need any more info please let me know as i am bound to of missed something.

also if anyone could point me in the right direction i would also appreciate this.

thanks in advance.

Archived