• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email an Invoice as PDF - How to ?

Mort-lemur

Hi,

I have a requirement to email an invoice to someone other than the person who made the order.

I know there are severeal contributions for PDF invoices, but I only want to be able to do this vary infrequently and am happy with the current layout of my invoices (Fancier invoices and Packing Slip).

I have tried several online converters - but as my Admin area is like Fort Knox none of them can see the invoice to convert it to a PDF.

Is there a nice simple (and free) way to convert an invoice I am viewing on screen into a PDF ? (or other emailable format)

Many Thanks for any suggestions

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

We have the full version of Adobe acrobat and simply copy/paste the invoice into Word, then save as a pdf. I believe there are some free pdf converters out there much like the open office software. For the occasional invoice this works well. Obviously it is not efficient enough if you had to do every one.

Tim

I have just had a play with a program this i use to create pdf files. Its called bullzip, and its free. As you use fancier invoice and packing slip, the same as i do it should work. Google for it.

Open your invoice and when the new screen open, click on print, set bullzip as your printer and print. A box will open to allow you to save the item. Save it then add it as an attachment to an email. ( i use word for this and this opens when clicking on the customers email address.

A bit long and drawn out, but it does work.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thank you Steve - I will give that a go and let you know how I get on

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Ok Downloaded the Bullzip printer and it works like a dream ! Just what I needed.

Many Thanks Steve.

Sorry Knifeman - but I had no luck copying and pasting into word. Thanks

Archived