• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Replace hacked site with backup copy

rmanbike

If you have a clean copy of your website, and your site was hacked into, would their not be a good reason why you couldnt just upload / replace the website with the clean back-up copy?

I read quite a bit that its very difficult to find and delete all rouge files, anyway.

That will be effective if:

1) You delete ALL files currently on your hosting account.

2) You SECURE your website after you upload the back up files to prevent the site from being hacked again.

3) You have checked your current database for injected code, or plan to delete the current database and replace it with a back up copy.

Chris

Totally agree, you over write everything. Hackers often inject code into files to gain them access.

4) change passwords! FTP, MYSQL, Logins, the lot!

don't mind me asking but who is your hosting company and what was done when they hacked your site?

I speak from being hacked in the past due to lousy hosting security.

Totally agree, you over write everything. Hackers often inject code into files to gain them access.

Read Chris' 1 again and apply it as he says - not only do hackers inject codes into osC files BUT also upload new files in hard to find places therefore overwriting does not work! - so delete every folder* and file on your site and then re install backup

*You may have to keep image folders, or their contents; in this case it would be best to download these folders, go through them carefully to make sure there are no non-image files (apart from .htaccess) and then upload the contents of the folders (images only) to your backed up site

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Archived