• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Standard not sending out emails to store owner

joannacraig

I am running 2.2 and every sale completes okay using Paypal Standard but the emails are never sent out from OSC to store owner. The only notification that he receives of a sale is the Paypal notification email. Emails seem to be sent in general from OSC okay otherwise.

The auto - return feature is enabled in his Paypal account to go back to http://www.websiteaddress.co.uk/checkout_success.php

Can anyone help please? This is a live shop.

PS I have seen a few topics along these lines but none that reach a conclusion and resolve the problem it seems?

Hi Chris

Many thanks for the reply.

I had spotted that you mentioned this in another post

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/379392-paypal-not-redirecting-on-credit-card-purchases/page__hl__paypal+auto+return__fromsearch__1

But that also the person then noted that this worked okay if the customer used their Paypal account to purchase, but didn't work if they used a credit card. Can you advise further please?

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, the order emails only send when the customer goes back to the shop after payment, but that is optional at the PayPal website. The customer could also click the link for his Paypal account... in that case no order emails will be send. I have the automatic return option set to Yes in the paypal properties.