• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Payment Standard setup in osc 2.3.1

nobodyfamous

My site uses paypal standard. The standard one that comes with the install of oscommerce. My test store that used 2.3.1 is also the same. I have just added something to the cart and chose to pay by paypal. Once i reach the paypal page i have either the option to login to paypal, or under this box there is another that says DONT HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT pay with your debit or credit card as a paypal guest. When i click this the next page allows me to enter all the relevant details and continue through the payment system.

What exactly are you getting. A screen shot of the first page at paypal would be good.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@pweden

The Paypal page I'm taken to is nothing like the screenshot, you've posted, it is identical the one that 14steve14 described above.

Before you tried installing the add on in this string, did your paypal page have the option for payment by credit card.

Are we understanding the process you've gone through correctly -

1. You have a Paypal Business/premier or above account using Website Payments standard

2. You've installed Website payments standard via your admin

3. On a v2.3.1 site, which had no other alterations to the paypal website payment standard files

4. You then tried to add the better description add on and things have then gone downhill.

because the add on should only affect the descriptions of the products bought on the left hand side of your screenshot not the payment options

ken

Edited by kenkja

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

I got it working, I think. PayPal tech was wrong.

Now, I would like to find a fix so that all the product descriptions show up in PayPal. Currently it only shows the store name. I tried one fix I saw but it did not work.

@@pweden, did you ever get the add on to work, if not.

I just noticed that if you set up Send Extra Order Email in admin-configuration-mystore, it appears to send full details of the order.

ken

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page