• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help in choosing a new e-commerce platform.

alexwan

Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum but I need help in choosing a new e-commerce platform.

I kicked off my online store on November 2010 and our website is using a propriety platform from a vendor in Quebec, Canada. We are in the computer and electronic online business and we are serving customers within Canada. We have 7,000 products on our website and will be exceeding 10,000 in next 12 months. Our competitors are companies like Tigerdirect and Newegg. We need a good front end to offer good shopping experience to our visitors.

Apart from a feature rich, easy-to-maintain and flexible e-commerce platform, we want the future software be able to integrate with our back end. Currently we are using Microsoft Dynamic CRM4 (mainly for customer service) which is hosted and maintained in-house. We plan to implement ERP/accounting software, which hasn't been decided yet, to be integrated with the front end + the CRM4 to form a seamless e-commerce solution.

As I was told those good e-commerce platforms are OSC, Mangento and Microsoft CS Server, can you guys help me to understand the OSC a bid more? especially in compare with the other two as mentioned above.

I do understand that I'm not providing a lot of info. If you guys have any specific question about my existing platform, please let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Archived