• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Issue with SEO Mod - 'ereg' deprecated?

Floob

Hi,

I'm getting this error:

[31-Dec-2011 08:02:11] PHP Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1810

[31-Dec-2011 08:02:11] PHP Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1812

I've tried swapping 'ereg' for 'preg' in the attached file - but this seems to break the url rewrite,

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Floob.

seo.class.php

You need to upgrade whichever url rewrtier you are using. That file is probably from Ultimate SEO so you should upgrade to Ultimate SEO V2.2d.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You could edit the file and replace the ereg code. There are examples here on the forums and the web as to how to do that. But the effort would save you minutes, at most, over an upgrade. And it might even take you longer than an upgrade, depending upon your experience level.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived