• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

update products_attributes_maxdays

14steve14

I have recently made downloads available for a longer period, but have been getting complaints from customers that the download is not available after 7 days. I have checked the database and several of the items are available for 28 days whilst the majority are only available for 7 days, which was the standard setup days allowed.

Is there a way to update the products_attributes_ maxdays table so all downloads are available for 28 days.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Steve,

Do your customers really need 28 days to download a virtual product ? I know if I purchase a virtual product online, I download it immediately ! The only thing that would stop me from acquiring it immediately is a download failure. I would wonder why your customers want to be able to download it repeatedly.

Chris

Dont ask.

I totally agree with you. I must be dealing with a lot of stupid customers. I sell on average 20 downloads a day. The majority of customers i have no trouble with. Then i have the band of customers who cannot or will not try to usderstand how the downloads sstem works. Then there is a minority of customers who open the download, close the download and forget to save the bl**dy thing. They then come back saying that the download is no longer available and to be honest i am fed up with emailing them a copy.

I did think that if it is set to 28 days i would include a message in the confirmation email explaining that downloads are available for 28 days and after that they will have to purchase another copy if they have failed to save it to their computer.

Its just driving me mad. Is there a better way of doing it.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

Archived