• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Pro help reconfiguring Checkout to add a direct PayPal jump.

whisperer

I need to change my Checkout page. Under "Welcome, please sign in" I need to remove the "New Customer" section and replace it with "One click checkout with PayPal", adding a button that will move the customer directly to the PayPal page that is already configured.

The configuration requires that the customer create an account. Most of my customers have already created a PayPal account and they have to sign in twice. I am trying to make things less difficult. The option to sign in is there if they wish to do that, I need to have the option if they don't want to.

Since I am only offering payment through PayPal at this time all stats and customer tracking is done via them anyway.... Anybody have a solution for this? Thanks!

BTW, the site is not live yet, I'm working out bugs like this and adding products still. If you need to access the site to see the issue then go to:

http://secure.hostmonster.com/~vintagl7/index.php

Hal,

You customers MUST sign into your website and add a product to the shopping cart BEFORE being sent to PayPal to make payment. Any other scenario would see the customer lose the session and checkout would fail.

Chris

Hi Chris, that makes sense and they haven't bought anything unless they get something into the shopping cart. This problem though happens after that. The shopping cart fills and logs the products as it should and carries them into the checkout and through to PayPal if the customer logs in. The problem occurs after the shopping cart when the "Checkout" page is accessed. It's the "Checkout" page that needs the change as it requires them to create an account with me and they shouldn't have to do that if they don't want to.

It's the "Checkout" page that needs the change as it requires them to create an account with me and they shouldn't have to do that if they don't want to.

YES, they DO need to create an account with you. Even if you were to use PWA (Purchase without account), they would STILL need to create an account with you, albeit temporary.

Chris

Chris, If you go to the link I posted you will be at my store. There you can put items in the shopping cart all day without logging in. Only when you click on "Checkout" will it ask you to login or create an account. I'm really not sure how I can say this any differently or be more clear........

"YES, they DO need to create an account with you." Who is "They"? Are you saying THE CODE requires that my customer create an account in order to forward the full shopping cart info? That's silly. It should be able to be changed to do whatever I need it to do. It's CODE. That's why I came to the OSCommerce forum. Is they're nobody here that knows this CODE well enough to change it? On the OSCommerce forum? Frustrating...........

Hal

It is not that people here don't know, it is just that for osc to record the order there needs to be a name and address recorded so the order can be logged to them and the goods can be "sent" there..

There are add-ons such as payment without account that remove a few screen from the check out process.

Just because you want something doesn't mean it is possible with the wave of a wand, somehow you would have to get PP to pass back a load of info on the order and then update your shop with it.

What happens if they don't get returned to the shop you have the money and no way t identify the customer!!

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

OK, Will somebody tell me about PWA please? Where do I find this and will it do what I'm asking for?

Geoffry, thanks for the reply. I have been trying to put this site together starting a year ago, yes sporadically and here and there. I bought the hosting, the template, spent countless hours on images, product info and just trying to learnthe basics of PHP, CSS and OSC. No magic wand here, just trying to make the site function in a way that does not drive off customers. When I can get it to act correctly I can then load it with thousands of products but hesitate to do that work until it is functional with the items that are now up.

My job in business is to run the business, the customer experience being the highest priority. I just really want to get this new site up and running smooth. I was led to OSC because it seemed to be a great solution for what I'm doing, and really, the site will be great if I am able to get these few things fixed.

As far as the OSC software goes, the "This is what my customer experiences" is my priority. However we have to make that happen on the back end is totally fine. Ya see, I don't know the code like some of you experts do. I am the last person that wants to argue about what the code will do. I'm at the end of my capabilities with this and came here for help.

I have 3 options: 1 - Get some solid solutions from the folks here at OSC forum to fix it myself. 2 - Hire someone that is an expert with OSC to do this work for me. (and I can't seem to find anybody). 3 - Junk this site and all the time and money I have already put in, and start over with something else that I am in fear of getting to the same place as this a year from now.

Seeing as you "bought the template" can we assume that you are using one of the versions of 2.2 rather than the more secure 2.3.1 which actually comes pre installed with PayPal Express Checkout - which I think is what you are looking for...

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Thanks for the reply Julian, Yes, I am using v2.2 RC1. Is this upgradable to 2.3? PayPal Express Checkout sure sounds like what I need. All I'm trying to do here is carry the shopping cart info into PayPal without requiring the customer to both create an account at my store, and then also log in to PayPal 2 minutes later. (my customers experience, not what the code is doing behind the scenes).

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived