• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Initial Cart Quantity Value

lockett104

After hours of testing and trying to get this to work, I am about stumped. My products are sold in cases and each case happens to vary in regards to quantity, some have 12, 24, and others have 72 units. I have read other posts and I realize how to get the initial value to be something other than 1 in the cart after clicking the add to cart button by editing the includes\application_top.php file and altering the line of code:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $attributes))+$product_quantity+1, $attributes);
But, you can see in orange, where I also added the variable $product_quantity, which I decided to use a select statement to select the products_quantity value from the products table.
$product_quantity = tep_db_query("select products_quantity from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
Using the default quantity seemed easier than adding another column to my products table and this will work for me, because I have turned of the stock checking in my store. I tried if statements and could never get the cart to distinguish between the different values. All I need is for the cart to recognize what quantity each case contains and to populate the shopping cart quantity with that value when the product is added.

One more thing, I also have been modifying the includes\classes\shopping_cart.php file, so that the quantities will only go by the increments of the case. For example, on line 126

if (is_numeric($products_id) && isset($this->contents[$products_id_string]) && is_numeric($quantity)) {

$quantity = ceil(intval($quantity)/12)*12;

$this->contents[$products_id_string] = array('qty' => $quantity);

This formula makes it count by increments of 12, but it does no good if the product has cases of 24 or 72. I tried an if statement that (attempted) to distinguish if the value was equal to 12 or 24 or 72, but I could never get it to truely recognize each value. If anyone could point me in the right direction or give any tips I would REALLY appreciate it, honestly.

Chad

Chad Lockett

no outside links in signatures allowed

Archived