• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I use 2.2 templates in a 2.3.1 install

midiman2525

Hi I am new to OSC and a tad confused.

Can I use 2.2 rc2a and rc1 templates in 2.3.1?

I don't want to buy an expensive template only to find that it will not work with the version I have on my server.

I,m using 2.3.1.

And will 2.3.1 version templates work with version 3 of OSC.

Thanks

Lee.

MOST available commercial templates are actually FULL osCommerce installations, not just graphics. If you purchase a commercial template, ensure it is v2.3.1. Once you install the template, you can integrate your current 2.3.1 database into the new installation.

Chris

No, an MS2 or RC2 template won't work in 2.3. But most places that sell templates have 2.3 versions. If they don't have one for the template you want, you should email them and ask that it be converted. I wouldn't pay for them doing that though.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I,m looking on Template Monster and most of them are 2.3 or 2.2

I have 2.3.1 on my server.

I am also starting from scratch so I don't have a db to import as such.

Lee,

TM advertises 2.3.1 templates as 2.3. Beware of TM template providers, there are some very poorly coded templates on their site. Perhaps you should check with some of the members sites here on this forum. Those who have 'about us' links in their signatures usually offer professional services and correctly coded templates.

Chris

Lee,

TM advertises 2.3.1 templates as 2.3. Beware of TM template providers, there are some very poorly coded templates on their site. Perhaps you should check with some of the members sites here on this forum. Those who have 'about us' links in their signatures usually offer professional services and correctly coded templates.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

It would be nice to know who the template makers are on these forums.

Maybe OSC should have a showcase forum.

I create and build PC,s so I,m looking for a template that will allow me to advertise between 6-8 machines.

I also want the customer to have the ability to customise them and then checkout.

Like how Dell do it when you order a PC.

If someone knows how to do something like this or help that would be great.

Thanks

Lee,

I am sure there are templates for your industry, but the functionality would need to be added so it allows customers to build their machines and then calculate the price. Check members 'about me' pages for more information about templates and custom coding.

Chris

Lee,

I am sure there are templates for your industry, but the functionality would need to be added so it allows customers to build their machines and then calculate the price. Check members 'about me' pages for more information about templates and custom coding.

Chris

Thanks I will check them out.

There is also another one available for creating "custom pc's", both are a bit "old" and will have to be modified to work in 2.3.1. (have a look in the add-ons section there are many neat mods available there)

Since they are abit old i would guess the the original author is not available for support, but other users of the mods might be able to help you out when/if you run into any problems.

You can ofcourse make a new mod for the wanted functionality yourself, or if you dont know how to code one yourself you can hire someone to do it for you.

There is also another one available for creating "custom pc's", both are a bit "old" and will have to be modified to work in 2.3.1. (have a look in the add-ons section there are many neat mods available there)

Since they are abit old i would guess the the original author is not available for support, but other users of the mods might be able to help you out when/if you run into any problems.

You can ofcourse make a new mod for the wanted functionality yourself, or if you dont know how to code one yourself you can hire someone to do it for you.

I,ve tried installing the add on but I think it's a bit out dated. I couldnt get it to work and I don't even know if it's supported anymore.

It's a shame because it looked really good and this is what I,m looking for.

I don't know anything about PHP so that would be a big task for me.

As for hiring a developer to create something like this. I would assume it would cost a lot of money!!

Thanks

There is a custom pc addon that used to work with 2.2 called ccc9.3. I used it on a site once. I am sure that it could be made to work with 2.3.1 with a small bit of modification by someone.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

There is a custom pc addon that used to work with 2.2 called ccc9.3. I used it on a site once. I am sure that it could be made to work with 2.3.1 with a small bit of modification by someone.

Hi I tried to google it but I can't find it.

It's a shame that most of these add ons are no longer suppported. I suspect if people were able to make money off them then it would be different.

What happens when they're no longer supported becomes an issue.

Here we have some good products that are now extinct.

I only wish I knew PHP and had the time to re-create them.

Archived