• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removal/Uninstall of Template

Greetings,

I hope I'm in the right thread. I recently built my site on an oscommerce 2.3 template. After installing and completing this my client decided to go another route. I would like to know how to uninstall or remove the current template and go back to the regular version of osCommerce without losing any of the other add-ons and data that I've added since it's inception.

site name: www.gtecht.com/products

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Arlinsen. Your template didn't come with uninstall instructions? You're going to have to "de-repeat" your steps in reverse, one by one.

You should always have a backup copy of your site (at least one), so you can always just upload the clean copy back to the server. Every time you install a contribution -- ESPECIALLY a template system if you're insistent upon using a template (I don't know why -- you can just modify the look of your own OSC just as easily by altering the stylesheet.css).

Why not just go back over the install instructions, and start with the last step, and undo your own work? No promises, but most likely, the parts of the files you altered in implementing the template probably were just plain vanilla OSC 2.3. So most likely, you could just take plain vanilla OSC 2.3 files and overwrite the edited portions of the files you modified when installing the template. There couldn't have been but 3 or 4 files that were modified at most.

Then, once you're done redacting all of the modified files, delete all of the uploaded files that came with the contribution. After that, the template should be uninstalled. Then you could look into doing stylesheet.css yourself, or adding THEMES and SKINS, but not TEMPLATES.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Thanks guys!!! I didn't think about the stepping backwards process. Nor did I think about the backups because most of the add-ons that I have came after the template was added. I will try the backwards process. Thank you all again!!!

Archived