• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer reset password new password doesn't work

ggrant3

I have a little problem with the customer password reset feature.

I had a call from a customer trying to reset their password and this problem presented itself to me.

When I go to the "forgot password" link I get redirected to the next page and enter the email address for the account. I get a new password emailed to me just fine.

Then I go back to the site and attempt to login using the new password and I get an error saying "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password." But then if I try to use the old password it still recognizes it and lets me login.

So for some reason my system isn't erasing the existing password and storing the new password.

What could be wrong?

Look around comments # 10 and 11, and maybe this is your problem: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/295683-existing-user-password-issue/

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Nice one Jason, I'll tuck that away for later use.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived