The e-commerce.

any comments are welcome

nirvana

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should read forum rules ...need to see the "powered by oscommerce"

to pst here !

Yes indeed. Change the footer of your shop to say "Powered By osCommerce" or we will have to delete the thread.

Mvg,

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

My apologize, I'm not that kind of person who read rules and disclaimers.

Did not know that it has to stay there.

But okay I understand it completly, afcourse I put it back in both languages.

Thanks for the comments.

About the 800 resolution, thats true (designers mistake when you build on 1400 resolution) but I think that people with a resolution of 800x600 should be able to put there screen on higher resolution these days.

When I look at the stats there your absolutly right and I should do someting about it.... don't know what!! (33% from my visitors has 800x600 resolution) oops thought only a few...

• 2 weeks later...

The site looks really great. :D

I noticed you have the Next/Previous working regardless of where you enter the product_info.php from.

Would you be willing to update the Next/Previous Add-on? That would be very handy for many to have that.

Thanks!

nice layout, nice colors (even without using your products :lol: ), and you're right Linda, thats the first place I can recall seeing Next/Prev working correctly like that

need to get some of your products to make some rope :wink:

great... you send sample of your products?  8)  

heu.. your french it's  :?

I can sent you some freebees if you really want.......

just order and make a note on checkout for the freebees......

The site looks really great. :D  

I noticed you have the Next/Previous working regardless of where you enter the product_info.php from.

Would you be willing to update the Next/Previous Add-on? That would be very handy for many to have that.

Thanks!

don't know how to make a contribution but Im willing to sort it out and place my first contribution, because I really like the software very much and will be please to do something for this community aswell.

Thanks very much ... it will save me a lot of re-write time to update that Add-on for MS1.

I wanted it to be functional regardless of where you came from when you hit the product_info.php

• 2 weeks later...

It doesnt work :( - DB Query are wrong - and even when fixed I still cannot get it to function correctly!!

Warren

Yeah i ran into some database problems too! Not even near as smart as Warren in how to fix it. :wink:

Running Loaded 5 MS1 and my error is...

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.TABLE_PRODUCTS' doesn't exist

SELECT p.products_id FROM TABLE_PRODUCTS, TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES WHERE products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id = $cPath

Went ahead and looked to check application_top to make sure Table_Products does in fact exist. Which it does.

So how did you fix the query Warren?

And how do we get this contribution up and running Nirvana & Yoja?

Much appreciated. This contribution once it works will solve some Major Usability issues! This is so cool I can't wait to see it working!

Luke

Strange, it works with me.....

change the querie to:

$products_ids = tep_db_query("SELECT products.products_id FROM products, products_to_categories WHERE products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id and products_to_categories.categories_id = $cPath");

Does it work then?

even better:

change the query to:

$products_ids = tep_db_query("SELECT products.products_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ", " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " WHERE products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id and products_to_categories.categories_id = $cPath");

this is the nice way, let me know if it works!

well that certainly made it happier!

now the error has moved down further...

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION' doesn't exist

SELECT categories_name FROM TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION WHERE categories_id = 21 AND language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

i am going to try and look at what changes you made and see if i can't solve it.

That should be changed the same,

i'm sorry that i did it wrong the first time,

i specially cleaned up my code for you guys but forgot to test...

the querie again shoud be:

SELECT categories_name FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE etc etc

that fixes it.

$category_name_query = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_name FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE categories_id = $current_category_id AND language_id = $languages_id");

just needed the " . TABLE_EXAMPLE . " syntax change.

Ha!

We both were posting at the same time.

Thanks so much for your help and response.

This contribution really makes a big difference in how people navigate through someones site. I use to have the old one running thanks i think to Linda? but it stopped working when i upgraded to MS1.

Thanks again yoja!

I noticed this today after i had installed the contribution.

It appears that the previous/next functionality works regardless of whether or not a product is disabled from viewing via the admin. IE. you turn the display of the product off.

So let's say my product id 15 is TEST and is disabled in the admin then if i click next from product 14 from the live shop, Test shows up as my next product since it is the next id within that category.

Just thought i would pass that along!

Is there a way to make it check to see the products status before it moves to the next ID??

Add one more change to the select statement:

$products_ids = tep_db_query("SELECT products.products_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ", " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " WHERE products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id and products_to_categories.categories_id = $cPath and products.products_status='1'");

Archived