• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting Error 403 Forbidden

bluelightnin6

I have an OSCommerce website set up to sell digital products. Everything works fine except one important thing. When a customer purchases a digital product, paypal redirects them to a download link for that product. When you click on that link, it IS NOT taking them to the product, instead it is just giving the following error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pub/.vnhkslfvrnvwmyvix/test.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have found VERY LITTLE info. on this problem online and really really need this fixed ASAP.

I have already ensured all files and directories have proper CHMOD (permissions). I was given the following statement from GoDaddy support but they said they could not help any further since it was not an issue on their side..

""The path in the error message refers to symlinked file, but the path of the destination of the symlink does not exist. The symlink is to download/test.zip rather than ../../download/test.zip.""

I've also been told it could be an issue with an .htaccess file, or could be an issue with the way I have PayPal set up that may be redirecting to an open directory which has no index file and the server is set to forbid showing the user what's inside the directory so it shows them a 403 forbidden error instead.

I have heard so many possible problems but noone has given any direction as to how to try and fix it

PLEEEEEAAASSEEE HELP ME PLEEEAASEE

Have you got the path to the download directory correctly set in the config file?

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived