• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Urgent Help - Admin Login

JohnTankard

Hi Guys,

First time to oscommerce and im learning, slowly, however - we have had a web developer leave and are now changing the passwords to the admin login. We have put a password on the admin folder, when we login to that, that then directs us to the admin login for oscommerce, however, when we try to login to the admin area it just accepts the username and password and then displays the logon page again asking for u/name and password.

I have tried everything I can thing of, can anyone help, this is a little urgent as he is causing trouble for the company....

Regards and thanks for any help, I am a newbie so please go easy.....

Unfortuantly I can not even log into the admin area to tell you what version we are using...

it seems that your database login infos are not correct ...

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

If you are using osC version 2.3.1, the login needs to be set up through the osC Admin. Remove the password protection that you added to your admin folder first.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

if I understood the OP poster correctly, he can get through the htaccess protection just fine (correct passwords), and the login loop occurs when he tries to enter the database login/pw for his admin.

@OP, maybe you need to clarify your problem ...

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

In 2.3.1 the passwords for the Admin and the .htaccess must match, and the .htaccess password must use the custom osC .htpasswd_oscommerce file. Setting the .htaccess password in the host's control panel will cause the login loop the OP mentioned.

In 2.2 the problem is likely a lot more obscure.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

like I said ... the description of the issue does not sound like a 2.3.1 version to me ...

Monika

Archived