• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to recover the admin password?

seymourgrl

Hello I just transfered to other server and fixed configuration issues ,so was happy to see my 2.2 oscommerce work again but......

but.........

guess what?

I forgot admin's username and password,can anybody tell me the path of the file or files that have this info stored so I can edit via ssh?

thanks in advance

Lola,

Passwords are stored in the database, NOT in a file. You cannot change the password via SSH access. You will need to log into your cpanel and truncate the administrators table using phpmyadmin.

Once that is done, browse back to your admin URL and create a new username and password. Then log in using those new credentials.

Chris

Chris

Hello I just transfered to other server and fixed configuration issues ,so was happy to see my 2.2 oscommerce work again but......

but.........

guess what?

I forgot admin's username and password,can anybody tell me the path of the file or files that have this info stored so I can edit via ssh?

thanks in advance

The protection consists of two files: .htaccess and .htpasswd (the latter can be named something else though). The .htaccess file will be in the admin directory. The other should be above your web root directory but I've seen many sites that have it in the admin directory too, which is not as secure. To change the password, those files will need to be regenerated. If your host offers a control panel that will allow you to password protect directories, then you can do it from there. Otherwise, you will need to do it yourself via a script (see my site for such a script).

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Im on kloxo,when you say admin you mean inside home dir aint it?

I dont have.htaccess on admin level ,just on my domain level inside html area,and that file dont have nothing related to that

Im on centos 5.5 and also dont have .htpasswd on root level,thanks after all

Have used only very little phpMyAdmin ,if you could tame me but Im gonna see what I can do,since its a transfer I have to recreate the same mysql database ,I dont know itll work thank u

neither of ur two procedures worked,and it is impossible to edit the file directly because simply the data is not in the codes of pile,I had to use an unorthodox procedure that worked like magic,the programmer that invented this is rough even though needs some team work ,that might guess must have had on procceed versions,ye is a fierce programmer even on those ages 2.2

Archived