• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

huge images in oscom 2.31

zpupster

hello forum,

i finally got the upgradefrom 2,2 to 2.3 working.

my image on the products_info.php is a default size--512x480.

it is the same in fancy box.

after reading some other posts, i determined that i could resize this picture 200 x 200 upload it-- and then

add larger image --512x480. that is a lot of work for all my images.

i have played around with the sizes with this code:

<script type="text/javascript">
$('#piGal ul').bxGallery({
 maxwidth: 300,
 maxheight: 200,
 thumbwidth: <?php echo (($pi_counter > 1) ? '75' : '0'); ?>,
 thumbcontainer: 300,
 load_image: 'ext/jquery/bxGallery/spinner.gif'
});
</script>

but i saw no change.

i did not see anything in the admin section, is there something i am missing, or is there any other suggestion

that i could do efore i do all that work.

thanks,

craig

after overwriting an image press CTRL + F5 to clear your browser cache and you will be able to see the new image.

hello,

thank you for the responses but i am talking about the main product picture. thumbnails are not an issue becasue

i only have one picture. and i am not overwriting the picture jsut want to change the size of the picture i have.

craig

Even if you have just one image for each product, you need to upload it 2 times, even exactly the same image file:

- 1 as the regular product image (this will appear on product listings etc)

- 2 where it says "+large image" (this will appear on product info and you can adjust the display by changing the srttings you found)

thanks multimixer,

i have categories and subcategories and then the products are listed along with the images and i can manipulate those settings

thru admin console.

this is how my image is listed but on the admin >categories/products page, but my main image on the product info page is not this size.

it is the default size of 512x 480. and that size in fancybox.

Main Image (150 x 150px)

Avaya_4606_IP_Telephone_(D01)_Black_(108627696).jpg

I uploaded the image again and did not see any settings for the large image.

cleared cache and refreshed and the product image is still 512x480.

craig

hello,

if i goto the product_info page

<div id="piGal" style="float: right;">
  <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="fancybox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), null, null, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a>'; ?>
</div>

is there a place i can default the photo to 200x200. it should show up as that size and the fancybox may pick up the size of the original uploaded photo. i am jsut not sure where the size is specified.

thanks,

craig

I uploaded the image again and did not see any settings for the large image.

Apart of the main image, you need to upload a "large image" too, even if it is the same file.

If you didn't see it, then you need to look better I guess, here it is:

post-227413-0-82845400-1305269436_thumb.jpg

hello,

before with 2.2 i did not have to upload 2 files. i was looking for a way not to upload a resized photo for all

of my products.

i have it working now. i accidentally resized my large photo to 200x200.

i now have 2 photos one small for the product_info page and a large photo for the zoom.

thnaks for all your help,

craig

As said, you don't have to resize anything if you don't want and you can upload exactly the same file 2 tiles

- The "main image" will appear in all listings etc

- The "large image" will appear on the product info page in 2 sizes

- On the screen, in the size you define in the product_info.php file (maxwidth, maxheight)

- As a pop up in its native size

If you don't uplload a "large image", then the "main image" will appear on the product info too and in it's native size

From there on you can, but you don't must

- upload more "large images", they will all appear on the product info page as thumbvails

- resize the images you are going to use as "main image", this for performance reasons, there is no need to have images in size eg 600x600 if you are going to display them as 100x100 finally

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Now, how do you add the 2nd larger image to Easy Populate? I am having the small issue. When I click on the thumbnail the image is huge, the 'fancybox' size is fine.

I understand that you need to upload the 2nd same image file to fix this problem, but, what if you have 1000 products. There has to be a way to upload all the 2nd larger images at once than uploading one by one.

Please help. Thanks. Here is a link to the exact issue I am referring to on my site:

http://damefatale.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2507

Thank you.

As said, you don't have to resize anything if you don't want and you can upload exactly the same file 2 tiles

- The "main image" will appear in all listings etc

- The "large image" will appear on the product info page in 2 sizes

- On the screen, in the size you define in the product_info.php file (maxwidth, maxheight)

- As a pop up in its native size

If you don't uplload a "large image", then the "main image" will appear on the product info too and in it's native size

From there on you can, but you don't must

- upload more "large images", they will all appear on the product info page as thumbvails

- resize the images you are going to use as "main image", this for performance reasons, there is no need to have images in size eg 600x600 if you are going to display them as 100x100 finally

Archived