• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

zone based shipping prices..

hanshenrik

trying to configure shipping prices, im confused.. i sell to 3 countries only, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden.

wanted shipping prices:

Norway globally: 10 usd.

Norway zone "Tønsberg": 0 usd. (free shipping, only here)

Sweden globally: 20 usd

Denmark globally: 30 usd

.. and i just cant seem to get it right. basically, when i try the "Zone Rates" module,

i get stuck on "Zone 1 Countries" - seems i need 3 different configurations for 3 different zones... or 4 different configurations.. and i don't see how i can customize shipping prices for more than 1 zone..

any idea how i can configure the shipping prices?

1. uninstall the zones module
  2. edit includes\modules\shipping\zones.php (see below)
  3. re-install the zones module and fill in the different zone details

in zones.php, at line 110 you'll find

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones = 1;

You can change num_zones to the number of zones you want.

Bye

PvC

BTW this is a great module for shipping cost, though it can be trickly to base cost on weight alone.

A 'light' package may be a 'package', and somethimes something 'heavy' can sometimes be sent as a letter. In Holland this makes quite a difference in price.

Edited by PvC

1. uninstall the zones module
  2. edit includes\modules\shipping\zones.php (see below)
  3. re-install the zones module and fill in the different zone details

in zones.php, at line 110 you'll find

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones = 1;

You can change num_zones to the number of zones you want.

Bye

PvC

BTW this is a great module for shipping cost, though it can be trickly to base cost on weight alone.

A 'light' package may be a 'package', and somethimes something 'heavy' can sometimes be sent as a letter. In Holland this makes quite a difference in price.

when you say "uninstall zones module", you refer to the "zone rates" module, correct?

and, thanks! ill try that

Hi, I did the steps- changed the number in zones.php.... and am I supposed to load it to a specific place? I'm using phpMyAdmin. (I imported it on there, maybe I didn't do it right- but no changes.)

Thanks in advance!

So I'm using FileZilla on this, someone please help because I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. I change the number of zones and saved it. Then it says it's been succesfully transfered, when I go back to admin and look at shipping it still just lets me edit Zone 1- there are no other zones... What am I doing wrong???

So I'm using FileZilla on this, someone please help because I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. I change the number of zones and saved it. Then it says it's been succesfully transfered, when I go back to admin and look at shipping it still just lets me edit Zone 1- there are no other zones... What am I doing wrong???

Nevermind. I figured it out. Putting it under the wrong folder... :)