• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Buy Now button?

surrfman

what file/coding do I have to change to select a smaller "Buy Now" button?

current url: http://www.discountegauges.com/index.php/speedometers-vdo-c-3_13 shows the button is crowding the price numbers. would like to use the smaller button used with "Continue" found in several locations on the store. Tried searching code for both size buttons using firefox, but what i see is the same code for both, which can't be. I tired going back to the themeroller site, didn't see any way to resize just the one button.

thanks if anyone can set me in the right direction?

Timmy C

your code uses css buttons ... check your css file

[font=monospace][size=1]<script type="text/javascript">[/size][/font]$("#tdb1").button({icons:{primary:"ui-icon-cart"}}).addClass("ui-priority-secondary").parent().removeClass("tdbLink");</script>

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I would say the text size within the button comes from your stylesheet.css line 99 where you have

.contentText table {
   color: #000000;
   font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
   font-size: 17px;
   line-height: 1.5;
}

Font size is set to 17px and this override any other settings about the text size in the ui buttons

Since I guess that you want to keep this text size you have for anything but the "buy now" button, the easiest will be to add an additional rule to your stylesheet.css, eg like this

.contentText table .ui-widget{
   font-size: 13px;
}

You could also try with font-size:inherit; but I'm not sure from where it would inherit

Archived