• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card Information not Showing

MariaSaleteR

First of all, thank very much for any possible answer to this problem.

The issue is that I have installed the cc payment module in OS and works perfectly.

Then, entering the Admin, I see that there is not information to proceed to charge the payment.

When you buy in my shop, the field for the credit card number, owner, expiry date and the other information is right and functioning. And along the checkout process.

Nevertheless, when finishing the process and confirmed the whole operation, the information is not in the admin.

Some help please. I have already missed some customers because of this problem.

I have insert an email address for the shop to send the middle numbers of the credit card and the shop receives the credit card number, and the e-mail address the rest of the number in XXXXX, but not the expiry date and the credit card owner.

For security reasons I want the modified number (with XXXXXX) in the Admin, and a message in the email address with:

1. The middle number.

2. The expiry date.

3. The credit card number.

Just like that.

Please do not offer me other options, because this is exactly what I want.

Is there anyway to get those three elements in my e-mail address after a purchase.

Many thanks.

Maria

Maria,

I know you said that is 'exactly what you want' but what you want is ILLEGAL unless you are PCI DSS compliant. Therefore, nobody on this forum should provide you with the means to accomplish a criminal act.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am not a criminal nor a person trying to "accomplish a criminal act". In this case you are the criminal, because your reply is an infamy in most Western countries.

I am a shoe shop' owner trying to survive in this international crisis by extending my business to the Internet. I have a credit card module to charge for purchases in my shop, and I would like to install a similar system in my OS shop.

Of course I am compliant with every online security standard to handle financial information, and registered as an authorized commercial shop to file private information and data.

Moreover, I pay a 18% VAT here in Europe.

Well, I think I have explained the situation, and would like to receive a more polite reply from another forum member. Or at least a different one.

Thanks very much.

Maria

Maria,

I was not try to imply you are a criminal, only that the collection of credit card information in North America requires PCI DSS compliance. (not security compliance) I am sure that there are similar (or soon to be similar) laws in the UK that should be considered before attempting to collect credit card information.

I am sorry if you found my reply impolite, but your question falls into a grey area that some feel they can ignore the requirements for handling credit card information.

Chris

You should rather use a 3 party payment processor like PayPal, WorldPay, Nochex or 2checkout or a payment gateway like Secpay (or another payment gateway recommended by your business bank/merchant account provider) to process your online payments.

Maria

What chris is suggesting is correct. You need to be PCi compliant to store and collect credit card info. I doubt you could afford to achieve this as a small trader. Leave it to people that are covered and use a card processor. Speak to your bank and see what options they offer. I expect that if you take card in a shop, then it should be possible to add something to allow tyou to do this online.

Its not worth the risk. Search goolgle for PCi compliance and check if you wish.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hi María.

In addition to my professional activity as the proprietor and manager of a company specialized in services for the Internet, I am also a lawyer in Spain, and I will tell you that, leaving aside the question whether you are PCI compliant or not – which could be discussed considering the differences in the legal systems in also different countries (in Spain, for instance, there are certain recommendations by credit card industry providers and organizations and the European Union, but not a legal framework or act to regulate the storage of credit card information in this kind of commercial operations) –, I think that the real problem in this case is the security hazard involved in replying to your question describing a method to grab and store that kind of information.

Perhaps installing the CC payment module and modifying it to receive the above-mentioned information in your Admin and email box is completely legal in your country, whatever might be. But we all must approach this issue with the utmost responsibility, care and integrity.

There are many thousands professional scammers attempting to obtain that same information to put in practice a wide-ranging, cross-border fraudulent schemes involving credit cards.

It would surprise you how many (both scammers and schemes).

In fact, this virtual international business and trade scenario would be perfectly described by that famous sentence “never so few have stolen so much to so many”. Which is not funny, to say the least.

In fact you are a honest shop owner, but we simply should not reply to a question that would provide those same individuals with the information to install an OS shop and configure its CC payment module to have the whole credit card information of (perhaps) thousands of people, thinking that they are purchasing this or that bargain on the Internet, to have later their bank accounts skimmed (sorry about the slang).

Maria, you’d better consider other options, like the ones described by toyicebear and 14steve14. Something more in line with your business and project.

In addition, and repeating that I don’t know your whereabouts, I must tell you that any eventual problem derived from an irresponsible management or handling of financial information may result in civil or even criminal charges against you.

Please Maria consult with your bank officer before making this or any similar move.

Regards.

José Manuel Rosón Bravo

Archived