• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

invisible product tags?

wlinart

Hello,

This is my first post. I've just started with oscommerce, and in general it's not so difficult. But now, I need somthing, but i can't find it. Maybe it isn't even possible.

There are a lot of products i sell which have some special products names: a number like SL4513 or something, but and in this sector everybody use numbers like this in a cross reference- system. But most of the other brands use the numbers of the other brands to sell their products, like you search for a number from another brand and you automatically get their alternative of that product. How could you make the same in oscommerce? I thought it would be possible with some product properties and make them invisible. Could anyone help me?

Greetings,

Wouter

P.S. sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tongue

Hello,

This is my first post. I've just started with oscommerce, and in general it's not so difficult. But now, I need somthing, but i can't find it. Maybe it isn't even possible.

There are a lot of products i sell which have some special products names: a number like SL4513 or something, but and in this sector everybody use numbers like this in a cross reference- system. But most of the other brands use the numbers of the other brands to sell their products, like you search for a number from another brand and you automatically get their alternative of that product. How could you make the same in oscommerce? I thought it would be possible with some product properties and make them invisible. Could anyone help me?

Greetings,

Wouter

P.S. sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tongue

You'll need to add extra fields in the products table and then add the code to load those in and deal with them as you wish. To add the extra fields, I recommend Add More Fields.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

Thnx, I've tried to install those add-ons, but i've got a little problem with it. They talk about a file that have to be changed in the directory catalog/admin/includes/... but the directory catalog doesn't excist with me, so of course i couldn't change that file. does anyone know a solution?

Greetings,

Wouter

The catalog is used to indicate your root. It can be anything so catalog is always used. If your shop is in the root, then just ignore it. If your shop is located in a directory named fytjdw, then use fytjdw insted of catalog.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived