• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

default language path / filename error

mikeonamac

I appreciate there have been many questions relating to this, however despite trawling the forums and narrowing the problem down, I have been unable to find a solution..

So a clean install of 3.2.1 went fine, then when I came back to to carry on working on it, both the admin and the front end display this error message.

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/******/public_html/eshop/includes/application_top.php on line 279

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/******/public_html/eshop/includes/application_top.php on line 279

Obviously the problem lies with includes/languages/.php as there is no filename configured. So I checked app_top around the problem lines and have this

// set the language

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language')) {

tep_session_register('language');

tep_session_register('languages_id');

}

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

$lng = new language();

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

$lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);

} else {

$lng->get_browser_language();

}

$language = $lng->language['directory'];

$languages_id = $lng->language['id'];

}

// include the language translations

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

Which seems fine so onto the database to check the default language entry..

83 Default Language DEFAULT_LANGUAGE en Default Language 6 0 NULL 2011-10-17 07:47:20 NULL

NULL

I'm not sure but there must be something simple that I have missed!

Many thanks,

Mike

osCommerce uses a Session variable or a GET variable for the language. The problem is that the session variable is being set to NULL, which then breaks the code that adds the language files. The proper fix would be to find what is nulling out the session variable and fix that. I haven't been able to find that. I suspect that there may be more than one problem, depending on which Addons you have installed.

Anyway, I came up with a fix that seems to work. Find this line in your application_top.php:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

and replace it with this:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || $_SESSION['language'] == '' || isset($_GET['language'])) {

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Did you clear your browser cache and force a reload? This has always worked for me.

There were some suggestions in other threads containing fixes for this. I have no experience with those, but maybe one will work for you.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived