• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Nothing working!

I need some help with an issue I am having with my oscommerce store.

Basically what is happening is whenever I click on one of the links on my website it just stays on the homepage.

I have no idea why it is doing this as it used to work.

Any help is much appreciated as at the moment I am not able to make any sales.

Thanks in advance.

my site URL is gpstrackershop.biz

Shaun

This is something you have done, so I thought you would know.

1. If you recently installed a URL rewriter Addon (SEO URLs, Ultimate SEO, etc.) then see the instructions for that Addon.

2. If you haven't added anything, log into your store's Admin, then click on Configuration, then My Store, then set Use Search-Engine Safe URLs to False.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Jim I will look into that as I have an SEO person in India working on the site so he must have done what you mentioned. He said he hasn't made any changes that should effect the site but he is the only one who has access.

If your "SEO person" added a URL rewriter then I suggest that you fire him. That will do nothing for your search ranking. Google has even suggested that you not rewrite URLs.

Regards

Jim

There's nothing necessarily wrong with workers from India. There's also no guarantee that SEO companies in the USA or Europe are competent. I wish I could recommend a good one for you, but I don't know of any.

Regards

Jim

Well I have signed up for SEO Experts Academy so will probably start doing it myself for a while. At least until I can fully understand it and then I can better understand if somebody working for me is competent.

Archived