• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping page not updating

MelodyWaltzCallahan

Am trying to edit text on a shipping page

-used Page Editor - made changes - but when I try to update the page it won't allow the update.

I've tried resetting permissions on the file - alas no luck.

I can edit other pages with the page editor - no worries.

I've even been in to MySQL and changed the information in the database and it looks correct in the MySQL database but will not publish to the live site.... any suggestions

(apologies if this is totally stupid or unsolvable question!!)

Cheers

Check the code to see exactly where the text on the shipping page is coming from.

Is there a language file?

/includes/languages/english/shipping.php

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi Geoff

Yes... I do have a language file that has the old text in it....

So on to my next stupid question (or series of them...maybe)

a) why would the file not update?

B) can I change this somehow?

Again - apologies for my lack of knowledge. Don't understand how I can edit one file via Change Pages and not this one....(sigh....)

Many thanks for the help so far!

a) Because the editing script is not designed to update that file. just because you expect it to work in a certain way does not mean it does.

Yes but you need coding skills.

Try changing the text in the language file and see if it carries through to the site.

Just because you can edit a file somewhere does not mean it is used on the site.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Yeah I didn't look high enough in the file to see that it was pulling from the language file - my fault for not being thorough enough. At least I now know why even when I updated the MySQL file directly it wasn't changing the data....

What I don't understand is I used to be able to edit this page through the Change Pages (in OSCommerce admin section) and the other file we created from there still edits from there.

I need to find out why the connect between the two files is not working...mystery....

I already went in and manually editted the file so at least the right information was showing on the live site. But I need to figure out how to make this work through the edit pages function so the site owner can make his own changes again.

Ah love a challenge...(maybe, sometimes.....ok I have enough of those at the moment blink.png LOL!)

Thanks again. biggrin.png

Sometimes they onlt show page where the id is > x.

Why I don't know.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Archived