• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Client wants custom checkout, without Merchant or Paypal

DavidChadderton

Hi, I'm about to deploy osCommerce for a client and they've just told me that they won't have(want) a Merchant account and due to low margins don't want to pay extra for Paypal.

They already have a CC terminal and want to take details so they can process manually.

I am fully aware of the security issues around this, but the client is adamant and is happy to indemnify my work and shoulder full responsibility.

I need to know if I can set up osCommerce to send the details of the order to the client (or store on site) when the 'checkout button' is clicked.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

ps. I'm looking for solutions if available, please, not a critique on my client's wishes! :-)

David,

YOU and the client will be held criminally and civilly liable should credit card data become vulnerable to hackers or internal theft. PCI DSS compliance is REQUIRED by law in most all of North America.

Having said that, there are Credit Card processing modules in the add on area that will send the customers credit card information via the order.php file and by email.

Chris

Archived