• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download error on firefox and explorer browsers

shintaku

Hi all,

I am using MS Window 7

I have setup products download on my store successfully and it downloads well on google chrome browser but on firefox and explorer, it doesn’t. Below is the error it displays when downloading from firefox or explorer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Found

The requested URL /pub/.xdclcyyoejriubgqjvi/im_dictionary.zip/osCsid/196d49d4f0d1b50d6a7433e795da1173 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please someone should help me fix this download error.

Thanks in advance

Umar,

The files are not found in the /pub directory. Your path should be to the /download directory as set in the configure.php file.

Chris

Hi Chris Dunn, thanks for dropping by.

I have every thing is the correct directory and it downloads fine from google chrome browser, but with above error when downloading from firefox or explorer browsers.

This is strange, I need assistance?

The link is all wrong.

In your Admin, set 'Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)' to false.

Save it.

Sometimes you have to set 'Use Cache' to false (or clear the cache in your admin) to see any change.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your support, how can I locate the "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs" to set to false as you have suggested?

I have never install any "Search-Engine Safe URLs" contribution before.

Thanks in advance.

The link is all wrong.

In your Admin, set 'Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)' to false.

Save it.

Sometimes you have to set 'Use Cache' to false (or clear the cache in your admin) to see any change.

Good I got it! Jim thanks the problem is solve.

Archived