• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Having trouble with this template

Asger

So i guess the last post got deleted, so let's give it another shot this time without the link

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

every google result for this error says to enable it in the php.ini, but it's already enabled, and since it's apparently illegal to post a link to the uploaded template I don't think this will be as productive as it could have been, but any ideas as to where the fault lies?

the website is running the 2.3 version just fine atm, but i can't install the template

try this in google

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums htaccess register globals

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

The "template" is a complete new install of osCommerce, some old and outdated version.

Probably something "free" you found. Even if you finally succeed to install that "template" you got, your store will not be version 2.3.1 anymore

Delete it and start designing your store on a clean 2.3.1 install. If you want to use a template, make sure it is for version 2.3.1

The "template" is a complete new install of osCommerce, some old and outdated version.

Probably something "free" you found. Even if you finally succeed to install that "template" you got, your store will not be version 2.3.1 anymore

Delete it and start designing your store on a clean 2.3.1 install. If you want to use a template, make sure it is for version 2.3.1

it is indeed a complete install, and absolutely free yes.

but it' is working

why is anything less then 2.3.1 so horrible?

Nobody said it's horrible, it's just outdated in every aspect in relation to what exist today, 2.3.1

The template itself is not worth to go with an old version, it looks at bit "strange" in my eyes, anyway, that's a question of taste

You should at least add the security modifications, since right now everybody can enter your admin

Please do not post links to any template seller you find

You can buy a template or not from any one you like, you should make sure

1) That the template is for 231

2) That the template seller offer support, you will need this for sure

Additionally you could ask how many files will be modified because of the template, I personally consider templates that come equal to a new installation not as the best sign

Alternatively you could search for a developer to create a custom template for you

uopn haven shaken my magic 8-ball asking if it was in the budget to buy a custom template, it said "not gonna happen"

so thanks for the advice so far!, i shall return with even more rediciolus questions shortly!

Archived