• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with Some TM Code

ecomqueen

Hello All!

Long time since I posted here!

I need some help with some code of a template I'm editing. Please find below the snippet:

$row = 80;
$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name" );
while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
$row++;
echo '<td align="center" valign="top" width="175" class="smallText">';
echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'] . '=' . $manufacturers['manufacturers_name'], 'NONSSL') . '">'. $manufacturers['manufacturers_name'] . ' <br> ';
}
echo "</a><br><br>\n";
echo '</td>';
if ((($row / 4) == floor($row / 4))) {
?>
<tr>

<?php
}
}
}
//end column listing
?>

This code works perfectly on a stock OSC install. But I'm moving it into a TM template. What would I have to change to make it into four columns? I know that it is the design of TM that is causing this.

The URL to see what I'm talking about it: http://savoircouture...ufacturers2.php

The template code on Template is: Item: #34685

With the code above, it shows the manufacturers in one column. Please also find attached the file.

Any help would be appreciated!

allmanufacturers2.php

Edited by ecomqueen

Krystyna,

I suggest you contact TM for support, they do offer paid support plans. The code in TM templates is unpredictable and usually sub-standard, therefore we cannot offer suggestions to help you correct code errors.

Chris

Quite definitely "sub-standard" code. Starting a new row (<tr>) without first ending the previous row (</tr>)? Completely jumping out of PHP to merely output a <tr>? Doing a convoluted divide/equal/floor rather than a modulo division? Sheesh! As King Arthur said, "Run away! Run away!"

I think it's supposed to be outputting 4 columns (I'm guessing that's what the row/4 business is). Are you saying that it doesn't work with the template? Is this nasty code from TM or stock osC? I looked at the attached file, and I can't make heads nor tails of it.

Edited by MrPhil

I have contacted them, but was hoping the community would be able to help. I know that it is just a design issue, that with more eyes could get resolved in a twinkle. I trust 100 members from this community than that of the TM customization committee -.-