• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error on categories/specials in backend; any help?

vashichino7

Hello guys,

When I access my backend and go to Categories then Specials; I get this warning above the products:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/savingsh/public_html/admin/specials.php on line 230

When I access specials.php on line 230; here is what I get.

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => tep_draw_button(IMAGE_EDIT, 'document', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, 'page=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] . '&sID=' . $sInfo->specials_id . '&action=edit')) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_DELETE, 'trash', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, 'page=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] . '&sID=' . $sInfo->specials_id . '&action=delete')));

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_short($sInfo->specials_date_added));

$contents[] = array('text' => '' . TEXT_INFO_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($sInfo->specials_last_modified));

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br />' . tep_info_image($sInfo->products_image, $sInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT));

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_INFO_ORIGINAL_PRICE . ' ' . $currencies->format($sInfo->products_price));

$contents[] = array('text' => '' . TEXT_INFO_NEW_PRICE . ' ' . $currencies->format($sInfo->specials_new_products_price));

(Line 230) $contents[] = array('text' => '' . TEXT_INFO_PERCENTAGE . ' ' . number_format(100 - (($sInfo->specials_new_products_price / $sInfo->products_price) * 100)) . '%');

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_INFO_EXPIRES_DATE . ' <strong>' . tep_date_short($sInfo->expires_date) . '</strong>');

$contents[] = array('text' => '' . TEXT_INFO_STATUS_CHANGE . ' ' . tep_date_short($sInfo->date_status_change));

What is this error? How can I fix it? Anyone have an idea? Thank you....

Hey DunWeb; no I read that this is a php file error. I have not edited this page: here is the fix.

'If you’re projecting a script tide up with math you may encounter a typical error that come out when you try to divide a number by zero.

The result of such operation would be a “number” that leads to infinite so, for this reason, php returns a warning. If this warning if print on screen or not it depends by your php.ini configuration that may be set on E_ALL or not.

The problems starts if you cannot edit the php.ini file like on remote servers that are not completely under your control.'

I have gone ahead and added an @ sign before the division is taken place;

$contents[] = array('text' => '' . TEXT_INFO_PERCENTAGE . ' ' . number_format(100 - (@($sInfo->specials_new_products_price / $sInfo->products_price) * 100)) . '%');

And the error is fixed.

Sorry Von,

I didn't read your original post properly, I thought you were just experiencing visible code.

Glad you got it fixed.

Chris

That is not a fix. Adding the @ turned off the error message. The error is still there, you are just no longer getting a warning about it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I see... the warning for a zero is quite normal and gives warnings for some php's. Is it okay to do what I did?

No, it's not. Here is your code:

$contents[] = array('text' => '' . TEXT_INFO_PERCENTAGE . ' ' . number_format(100 - (@($sInfo->specials_new_products_price / $sInfo->products_price) * 100)) . '%');

$sInfo->products_price has a value of 0 (or is completely undefined, which is more likely). That's what you have to start tracking down. What you did was put a piece of black tape over your car's "Check Engine" light, because its being on annoyed you.

Archived