• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS METHODS NOT WORKING?

kalkal

I am having trouble with a Canadian Customer getting an error with the USPS method not letting her get the shipping rates. Can't seem to bypass. Guess I will have to calculate price and send quote. Can't get to past the error to the credit card screen though.

Is there some software update to run? The USPS Intl options don't look like they have the right names or updating pricing... I jus started using jan 1 so I am new to this!

Thx!

My USPS has worked fine since the rate changes (although I don't offer First Class International), but the rates are higher than what is quoted from the usps website. I removed my handling fee, and the rates are still $3 or so more than they should be for Priority, Parcel Post, and Express Mail. Is anyone else seeing this? Not sure how to fix it....guess I may just have a $3 handling fee from here on out - LOL! My handling fee used to be only $1. $3 seems excessive, so I would like to fix it if there is anything that can be done on my end.

This thread is for USPS Methods contribution but not the original. The following URL will take you to the original or contribution thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/146950-contribution-usps-methods/

I am having trouble with a Canadian Customer getting an error with the USPS method not letting her get the shipping rates. Can't seem to bypass. Guess I will have to calculate price and send quote. Can't get to past the error to the credit card screen though.

I assume your problem began 1/22/2012. Start reading from Post #11 of this thread. You may find your problem and answer.

My USPS has worked fine since the rate changes (although I don't offer First Class International), but the rates are higher than what is quoted from the usps website. I removed my handling fee, and the rates are still $3 or so more than they should be for Priority, Parcel Post, and Express Mail. Is anyone else seeing this? Not sure how to fix it....guess I may just have a $3 handling fee from here on out - LOL! My handling fee used to be only $1. $3 seems excessive, so I would like to fix it if there is anything that can be done on my end.

I assume your problem began 1/22/2012. The day USPS made changes. Your problem sounds similar to mine. Start reading from Post #11 of this thread. You may find your problem and answer.

Edited by alancwade

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

So, I finally figured out that the cost of USPS insurance is automatically being added into the shipping cost (despite having a separate area to select insurance), so I disabled the USPS insurance option in my admin panel -> shipping modules.

However, in doing this, I realized that my handling fee is not being charged...so I enabled the insurance again which I suppose is now my handling fee.

So, the problem is really that my handling fee is not being charged for the shipping options I offer (Priority Mail, Express Mail, Parcel Post, and Priority Mail International). Any idea on what I need to change to make my handling fee be charged for each method? Most of the discussion has been around the problems with First Class Mail International, which I don't offer.

Thank you!

So, the problem is really that my handling fee is not being charged for the shipping options I offer (Priority Mail, Express Mail, Parcel Post, and Priority Mail International). Any idea on what I need to change to make my handling fee be charged for each method? Most of the discussion has been around the problems with First Class Mail International, which I don't offer.

What version of USPS Methods contribution are you using?

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

We just uploaded version 6.0 on January 23rd.

We had received a letter from the USPS late last year, indicating we were using an old version and needed to upgrade. We waited to do so until after the holidays so we didn't have any shipping glitches during our busiest time of the year.

We just uploaded version 6.0 on January 23rd.

We had received a letter from the USPS late last year, indicating we were using an old version and needed to upgrade. We waited to do so until after the holidays so we didn't have any shipping glitches during our busiest time of the year.

I'm using version 5.2.2 and I do not know about the 6.0 version. I know someone who was using a version a little earlier than 5.2.2 and upgraded to 6.1, but he quickly changed over to 5.2.2 and with some changes as per my posts regarding the USPS Jan 22nd changes, it now works for him. Post #25 in this thread leads you to some of those changes. Whichever, the USPS Methods contribution does need some cleanup work by an expert programmer. It appears someone has updated the 6.1 version in the contributions section of USPS Methods.

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

Just in case anyone is interested, I uploaded a new USPS contribution. It is a VERY simple module, which some of you asked for last year. Essentially, I'm rewriting the code for efficiency, and this is the stripped down version.

The code is clean and efficient, unlike USPS Methods. It includes international and domestic regular, flat rate, and regional options. You choose the options you offer. Other than that, it has no extras.

The new module can be found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327

And I have started a support thread here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/383307-usps-rate-v4-intl-rate-v2-official-support-thread/

I'm having problems with the USPS module too, I have osCommerce v.3.0.2. It doesn't work. I submitted a bug report and haven't gotten any response or any solution to the problem. My customers place an order and no shipping is charged at all. The Post Office sent me this letter:

"Your profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Server. You can now access live rates and other information in your Shopping Cart.

1. The Production Server URL is: http://production.shippingapis.com. For APIs calling the secure server, the URL is https://secure.shippingapis.com.

2. There is a line of code that refers to "shippingapitest.dll". You'll need to remove the word "test".

If you are using third party software and need assistance, please contact the vendor of the software. They should be able to assist you in obtaining live information using our APIs."

The code used for osCommerce's plug-in says:

You will need to have registered an account with USPS at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html to use this module.

That URL (http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html) is no longer valid. I need assistance, according to the post office I should get it from osCommerce, but I've been going round and roung and nothing....

osCommerce 3.0.2 is not ready for use. Delete it and install 2.3.1. You also don't need to sign up for an account with the USPS as you already have one.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 weeks later...

try changing the 'First-Class Mail Parcel' to 'First-Class Package Service' in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php . You may also need some code in your checkout_confirmation.php file. Use this piece of code on your checkout_payment.php within the <body> tags to see if you're actually getting quotes for First-Class: <?php print_r($quotes) ?>. You can comment it out if you need to with some html comments if need be (then you'll have to check the source code). otherwise, it's show up at the top in plain view for all of your customers to email and worry about.

If anyone needs any help doing this, feel free to PM me. I did 5 osc2.2 sites running USPS methods 6.1 the past week. When this problem started, we called developers who were charging outrageous amounts for the little amount of work they would have done (understandably, this is a pain to deal with). Knowledge is power and some people abuse that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed 6.1 tonight and I am not seeing Domestic first class options either. I tried to do this fix: 'First-Class Mail Parcel' to 'First-Class Package Service'

but then receive the error message that the Service does not exist and then I lose Express mail and Prioity mail.

Has anyone figured out why first class mail options are not working for domestic? I really want to have the first class mail option for some of my customers.

Does anyone happen to know if module 6.1 works with the new Rates for V4?

Web Tools integrator;

As communicated first in May 2011, outdated versions of the Web Tools Domestic Rate Calculator API (Rate and RateV2) will be retired on March 31, 2012. At that time, requests to the Rate and RateV2 APIs will result in error message responses. If you are no longer sending requests to Rate and RateV2, please disregard this message.

Integrators should migrate to the current version of the Domestic Rate Calculator API (RateV4). Technical documentation is available at https://www.usps.com/business/webtools-technical-guides.htm.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Web Tools Program Office

I just noticed today that the USPS delivery time estimates are not displayed to customers on the checkout_shipping page, only the methods and their corresponding prices. The information is collected, though, because the delivery estimate shows up on the invoice.

Any idea how I can get the delivery estimates to display on the checkout_shipping page? They were there a week or so ago, so I don't know how they have suddenly disappeared.

$this->types = array(
  'Express Mail' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup>',
  'Express Mail Hold For Pickup' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Hold For Pickup',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Flat Rate Boxes',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup',
  'Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Legal Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup>',
  'Priority Mail Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Large Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Large Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Medium Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Medium Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Small Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Small Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Regional Rate Box A',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Regional Rate Box A Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Regional Rate Box B',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Regional Rate Box B Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Regional Rate Box C',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Regional Rate Box C Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Legal Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Padded Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Small Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Small Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup',
  'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Window Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> Window Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup',
  'First-Class Mail Parcel' => 'First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> Parcel',
  'First-Class Mail Large Envelope' => 'First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> Large Envelope',
  'First-Class Mail Letter' => 'First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> Letter',
  'First-Class Package Service' => 'First-Class<sup>™</sup> Package Service',
  'First-Class Package Service Hold For Pickup' => 'First-Class<sup>™</sup> Package Service Hold For Pickup',
  'Parcel Post' => 'Parcel Post<sup>®</sup>',
  'Media Mail' => 'Media Mail<sup>®</sup>',
  'Library Mail' => 'Library Mail'
);
$this->type_to_request = array(
  'Express Mail' => 'Express Commercial',
  'Express Mail Hold For Pickup' => 'Express HFP Commercial',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes' => 'Express Commercial',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup' => 'Express HFP Commercial',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Commercial',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Express HFP Commercial',
  'Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Commercial',
  'Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Express HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Commercial',
  'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Priority HFP Commercial',
  'First-Class Mail Parcel' => 'First Class',
  'First-Class Mail Large Envelope' => 'First Class',
  'First-Class Mail Letter' => 'First Class',
  'First-Class Package Service' => 'First Class Commercial',
  'First-Class Package Service Hold For Pickup' => 'First Class HFP Commercial',
  'Parcel Post' => 'Parcel',
  'Media Mail' => 'Media',
  'Library Mail' => 'Library'
);
$this->type_to_container = array(
  'Express Mail' => '',
  'Express Mail Hold For Pickup' => '',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes' => 'Flat Rate Boxes',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup' => 'Flat Rate Boxes',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail' => '',
  'Priority Mail Hold For Pickup' => '',
  'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box' => 'LG Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'LG Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box' => 'MD Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'MD Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box' => 'SM Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'SM Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A' => 'Regional Rate Box A',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A Hold For Pickup' => 'Regional Rate Box A',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B' => 'Regional Rate Box B',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B Hold For Pickup' => 'Regional Rate Box B',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C' => 'Regional Rate Box C',
  'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C Hold For Pickup' => 'Regional Rate Box C',
  'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Padded Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Padded Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope' => 'SM Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'SM Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Window Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Window Flat Rate Envelope',
  'First-Class Mail Parcel' => '',
  'First-Class Mail Large Envelope' => '',
  'First-Class Mail Letter' => '',
  'First-Class Package Service' => '',
  'First-Class Package Service Hold For Pickup' => '',
  'Parcel Post' => '',
  'Media Mail' => '',
  'Library Mail' => ''
);
$this->intl_types = array(
  'Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)**' => 'Global Express Guaranteed<sup>®</sup> (GXG)**',
  'Express Mail International' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International',
  'Priority Mail International' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International',
  'USPS GXG Envelopes**' => 'USPS GXG<sup>™</sup> Envelopes**',
  'Express Mail International Flat Rate Boxes' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International Flat Rate Boxes',
  'Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Express Mail International Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International Legal Flat Rate Envelope',
  'Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Large Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Medium Flat Rate Box',
  'Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Small Flat Rate Box**',
  'Priority Mail International DVD Flat Rate priced box**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International DVD Flat Rate priced box**',
  'Priority Mail International Large Video Flat Rate priced box**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Large Video Flat Rate priced box**',
  'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Flat Rate Envelope**',
  'Priority Mail International Legal Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Legal Flat Rate Envelope**',
  'Priority Mail International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**',
  'Priority Mail International Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope**',
  'Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Small Flat Rate Envelope**',
  'Priority Mail International Window Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Window Flat Rate Envelope**',
  'First-Class Mail International Parcel**' => 'First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> International Parcel**',
  'First-Class Mail International Large Envelope**' => 'First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> International Large Envelope**',
  'First-Class Mail International Letter**' => 'First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> International Letter**'
);

Hallelujah! Thanks to stumbling on post #1233 in this thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/146950-contribution-usps-methods/page__st__1220, I finally got the damned First Class option to not only display properly but also follow through the checkout successfully. I run a heavily modded site, 2.2 and what seems like a million shipping options! (most of which are just outdated, unused and halfassed uninstalled, if you know what I mean....when you get something to work miraculously, you just want to back away from the code -- very slowly).

The key was the code for First-Class Package Service. Seemed like other threads pointing out the 'service' vs 'package' vs 'parcel' yada yada were misleading or not compatible, or just wacked.

Anyhows, here was my issues with 6.1 hopefully to save some other person hours of grief. I installed 6.1 (didn't bother with a) successfully, but the First Class rate was appearing, but without the title. The rate would appear, but when clicked to checkout, it would default back to the top option, whether it be Express Mail or Priority or whatever and customers would get charged for that service unknowingly. After struggling with the freakin' USPS naming conventions on my own, I stumbled on #1233 above, copied the piece into the usps.php from 6.1b (not a AND overwrote the one from 6.0), and it all works now. The rates are shown, correct, and when selected follows through the checkout process perfectly.

...what a nightmare for something so simple...

USPS United States Postal Service (1 pkg, 0.47 lbs total) (First-Class Package Service

---Delivery Confirmation

---Approximate delivery time from mailing date 1 day) $4.33 [select]

USPS United States Postal Service (1 pkg, 0.47 lbs total) (Priority Mail®

---Delivery Confirmation

---Approximate delivery time from mailing date 1 day) $6.75 [select]

USPS United States Postal Service (1 pkg, 0.47 lbs total) (Parcel Post®

---Delivery Confirmation

---Approximate delivery time from mailing date 2 days) $7.90 [select]

USPS United States Postal Service (1 pkg, 0.47 lbs total) (Express Mail®

---Approximate delivery time from mailing date 1 day) $14.35 [select]

• 1 month later...

As with everything here, example and explanation isn't clear enough to get the results we need... so here is my attempt at clarifying what is needed to be done to update the shipping arrays in usps.php.

In the contribution for USPS Methods 6.1, you should have a PHP page installed that retrieves an updated array from the USPS server.

Type into the address bar "your host... /catalog/admin/USPS_methods_utility.php"

The page will display the array that ...catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php needs to be updated with.

Below is just a snippet of the results you should see, do not use it. Run the USPS_methods_utility.php yourself, because most likely this array is likely to change.

Utility to get all USPS shipping methods

Copy the following two statements and paste them into function usps in the catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php file overwriting the existing statements that set these variables. Remove the USPS module in admin and then reinstall it in order to make use of the new methods.

$this->types = array(
  'Express Mail' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup>',
  'Express Mail Hold For Pickup' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Hold For Pickup',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Flat Rate Boxes',
  'Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup',

Open usps.php and replace the code completely with the updated array from the request.

Uninstall USPS from your admin panel and then reinstall it. Unfortunately, you will have to redo all of your settings... but it should be accurate and complete.

• 1 year later...