• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS METHODS NOT WORKING?

kalkal

Anyone having problems with their USPS Methods shipping module? All was good for like ever and then all of a sudden it stopped working. Mine has not been working for over a week. If yours is working...or not...please reply to this thread and let me know. This is driving me crazy.

Kurt

• 1 month later...

Got this today:

Web Tools integrator;

On January 22, 2012, USPS will update domestic shipping services and international pricing and product features. For detailed information on prices and new product features, please reference the Federal Register Notices viewable at http://pe.usps.com/.

Price Change updates will be available in the Web Tools testing environment for integrator access on or around January 6, 2012. The test environment can be accessed, using your production UserID, via the following URL scheme, host and path:

Secure APIs: https://stg-secure.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll

Non-secure APIs: http://stg-production.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll

Please note that the changes below are intended to be backwards compatible, however, may not be depending on how individual programs are integrated with the APIs.

Web Tools APIs will be affected in the following manner:

· All Web Tools APIs with postage prices incorporated will be updated to reflect the price changes;

· Domestic Rate Calculator API Changes:

o
New <Container> request enumerations added to RateV4 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice:
§
FLAT RATE BOX (Express Mail Flat Rate Box),
§
REGIONALRATEBOXC (Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C);
o
New <FirstClassMailType> request enumeration added to RateV4:
§
PACKAGE SERVICE;
o
Optional <ReturnServiceInfo> tag added to RateV4 to return “Loss Guarantee Only” commitment information when an Express Mail Commitment is requested to certain destinations
o
First-Class Mail Package <MailService> response values updated in RateV3 and RateV4 as follows:
§
Postage CLASSID="0" - Retail Pricing
<MailService>First-Class Mail® Package</MailService> will become:
<MailService>First-Class Mail® Parcel</MailService>,
§
Postage CLASSID="61" - Commercial Pricing
<MailService>First-Class Mail® Package</MailService> will become:
<MailService>First-Class Mail® Package Service</MailService>;
o
New response nodes in RateV3 and RateV4 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice (Express Mail Flat Rate Box and Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C, specifically);
o
Rate and RateV2 responses will be modified to:
§
Return trademarked product names,
§
Enforce dimensional requirements through error messaging for large, oversize and
S-restricted
destinations.

· All Rate Calculator API integrators are encouraged to migrate to the latest API versions (RateV4, IntlRateV2):

o
Rate and RateV2 versions of the domestic Rate Calculator will be retired on March 31, 2012, requiring all integrators to migrate to the latest versions;

· International Rate Calculator API:

o
New response nodes in IntlRate and IntlRateV2 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice (Express Mail Flat Rate Box, specifically);

· Express Mail Label and Hold For Pickup Express APIs:

o
New <Container> request data tags to support the Express Mail Flat Rate Box;
§
FLAT RATE BOX

· Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation APIs:

o
New <Container> request data tags to support the Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C;
§
REGIONALRATEBOXC

· Express Mail International API:

o
New <Container> request data tags to support the Express Mail Flat Rate Box:
§
FLATRATEBOX.

Please contact the USPS Internet Customer Care Center with any questions or concerns at 1-800-344-7779 or [email protected].

- Web Tools Program Office

• 2 weeks later...

@@FoundSoul,

USPS Methods is a functional add on, I believe it is working on all of my clients sites. The above report only outlined changes to USPS's pricing, shipping times and delivery methods. The changes do not directly effect hte USPS methods module on osCommerce.

Chris

That's not been my experience over the last 7 years of using it. Pretty much every time the USPS sends out an email like this it breaks USPS Methods and requires the module to be updated. It's left me, and many others, dead in the water without a shipping module on many occasions. They tend to change the 'service' names in the module, sometimes in very minor and seemingly pointless ways, but in ways that no longer match what the USPS Methods module expects them to be which then breaks the quotes. And as we only use USPS, it kills my whole checkout process.

Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'

Mine's working fine up until this point too - 11pm EST on 1/21/12 -- They implement the changes on 1/22/12 -- hopefully it doesn't break anything, but just in case, I've enabled World Zone Rates which is what I've used in the past as a workaround until I've gotten USPS Methods fixed.

If anyone else finds themselves having issues sometime after midnight tonight, here's a quick config you can use for World Zone Rates with rates that will keep you from loosing too much money. You can update the rates of course, but this is what I've used in the past and it's close enough, much better than loosing the orders...

World Zone Based Rates

Enable Zones Method

True

Tax Class

--none--

Sort Order

Zone 1 Countries

US

Zone 1 Shipping Table

5:8.00,8:17.00,12:23.00,99:100.00

Zone 1 Handling Fee

Zone 2 Countries

AU,AT,BE,GB,DE,FR,GL,IS,IE,IT,NO,DK,PL,ES,SE,CH,FI,PT,IL,GR

Zone 2 Shipping Table

2:30.00,5:38.00,8:47.00,12:55,25:98.00

Zone 2 Handling Fee

Zone 3 Countries

AC,AD,AE,AF,AG,AH,AI,AJ,AK,AL,AM,AN,AO,AP,AQ,AR,AS,AT,AU,AV,AW,AX,AY,AZ,BA,BB,BC,BD,BE,BF,BG,BH,BI,BJ,BK,BL,BM,BN,BO,BP,BQ,BR,BS,BT,BU,BV,BW,BX,BY,BZ,CA,CB,CC,CD,CE,CF,CG,CH,CI,CJ,CK,CL,CM,CN,CO,CP,CQ,CR,CS,CT,CU,CV,CW,CX,CY,CZ,DA,DB,DC,DD,DE,DF,DG,DH,DI,DJ,DK,DL,DM,DN,DO,DP,DQ,DR,DS,DT,DU,DV,DW,DX,DY,DZ,EA,EB,EC,ED,EE,EF,EG,EH,EI,EJ,EK,EL,EM,EN,EO,EP,EQ,ER,ES,ET,EU,EV,EW,EX,EY,EZ,FA,FB,FC,FD,FE,FF,FG,FH,FI,FJ,FK,FL,FM,FN,FO,FP,FQ,FR,FS,FT,FU,FV,FW,FX,FY,FZ,GA,GB,GC,GD,GE,GF,GG,GH,GI,GJ,GK,GL,GM,GN,GO,GP,GQ,GR,GS,GT,GU,GV,GW,GX,GY,GZ,HA,HB,HC,HD,HE,HF,HG,HH,HI,HJ,HK,HL,HM,HN,HO,HP,HQ,HR,HS,HT,HU,HV,HW,HX,HY,HZ,IA,IB,IC,ID,IE,IF,IG,IH,II,IJ,IK,IL,IM,IN,IO,IP,IQ,IR,IS,IT,IU,IV,IW,IX,IY,IZ,JA,JB,JC,JD,JE,JF,JG,JH,JI,JJ,JK,JL,JM,JN,JO,JP,JQ,JR,JS,JT,JU,JV,JW,JX,JY,JZ,KA,KB,KC,KD,KE,KF,KG,KH,KI,KJ,KK,KL,KM,KN,KO,KP,KQ,KR,KS,KT,KU,KV,KW,KX,KY,KZ,LA,LB,LC,LD,LE,LF,LG,LH,LI,LJ,LK,LL,LM,LN,LO,LP,LQ,LR,LS,LT,LU,LV,LW,LX,LY,LZ,MA,MB,MC,MD,ME,MF,MG,MH,MI,MJ,MK,ML,MM,MN,MO,MP,MQ,MR,MS,MT,MU,MV,MW,MX,MY,MZ,NA,NB,NC,ND,NE,NI,NJ,NK,NL,NM,NN,NO,NP,NQ,NR,NS,NT,NU,NV,NW,NX,NY,NZ,OA,OB,OC,OD,OE,OF,OG,OH,OI,OJ,OK,OL,OM,ON,OO,OP,OQ,OR,OS,OT,OU,OV,OW,OX,OY,OZ,PA,PB,PC,PD,PE,PF,PG,PH,PI,PJ,PK,PL,PM,PN,PO,PP,PQ,PR,PS,PT,PU,PV,PW,PX,PY,PZ,QA,QB,QC,QD,QE,QF,QG,QH,QI,QJ,QK,QL,QM,QN,QO,QP,QQ,QR,QS,QT,QU,QV,QW,QX,QY,QZ,RA,RB,RC,RD,RE,RF,RG,RH,RI,RJ,RK,RL,RM,RN,RO,RP,RQ,RR,RS,RT,RU,RV,RW,RX,RY,RZ,SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SF,SG,SH,SI,SJ,SK,SL,SM,SN,SO,SP,SQ,SR,SS,ST,SU,SV,SW,SX,SY,SZ,TA,TB,TC,TD,TE,TF,TG,TH,TI,TJ,TK,TL,TM,TN,TO,TP,TQ,TR,TS,TT,TU,TV,TW,TX,TY,TZ,UA,UB,UC,UD,UE,UF,UG,UH,UI,UJ,UK,UL,UM,UN,UO,UP,UQ,UR,US,UT,UU,UV,UW,UX,UY,UZ,VA,VB,VC,VD,VE,VF,VG,VH,VI,VJ,VK,VL,VM,VN,VO,VP,VQ,VR,VS,VT,VU,VV,VW,VX,VY,VZ,WA,WB,WC,WD,WE,WF,WG,WH,WI,WJ,WK,WL,WM,WN,WO,WP,WQ,WR,WS,WT,WU,WV,WW,WX,WY,WZ,XA,XB,XC,XD,XE,XF,XG,XH,XI,XJ,XK,XL,XM,XN,XO,XP,XQ,XR,XS,XT,XU,XV,XW,XX,XY,XZ,YA,YB,YC,YD,YE,YF,YG,YH,YI,YJ,YK,YL,YM,YN,YO,YP,YQ,YR,YS,YT,YU,YV,YW,YX,YY,YZ,ZA,ZB,ZC,ZD,ZE,ZF,ZG,ZH,ZI,ZJ,ZK,ZL,ZM,ZN,ZO,ZP,ZQ,ZR,ZS,ZT,ZU,ZV,ZW,ZX,ZY,ZZ

Zone 3 Shipping Table

2:30.00,5:38.00,8:47.00,12:55,25:98.00

Zone 3 Handling Fee

Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'

I'm getting customer reports that mine is broken. I posted that USPS e-mail in another thread over a week ago, but not sure if anyone responded. It was in the general support area.

As for whether the USPS e-mail involved anything other than changes to pricing, etc. - it happens everytime they make changes. All they have to do is change FIRST CLASS SHIPPING to FIRST-CLASS SHIPPING and it breaks. Some of the past changes have been very similar, seemingly innocuous, but in the end: very destructive.

UPDATE: Upon further investigation and testing, it appears that the only thing really broken is First Class International shipping. I get no option for 1st Class shipping on an International order.

Looks like they changed "Package" to "Parcel" with First Class shipping, but for some reason it comes up OK and works on domestic. My international checkout won't bring up an option at all for First Class International.

EDIT: Sorry for the repeated posts ...

Edited by TomB01

Looks like they changed "Package" to "Parcel" with First Class shipping, but for some reason it comes up OK and works on domestic. My international checkout won't bring up an option at all for First Class International.

EDIT: Sorry for the repeated posts ...

Did they discountinue international first class mail ? If so, then it wouldn't appear as an option to your customers.

Chris

Did they discountinue international first class mail ? If so, then it wouldn't appear as an option to your customers.

Chris

No - they simply changed the name from "First Class International Package" to "First Class International Parcel." They did the same thing domestically. For some reason, that still works, but International does not.

I'm running USPS_Methods_5.0.2, by the way.

Just in case you ask, I did try to change Package to Parcel but I am not sure if I changed it everywhere it needs to be and from what I had previously should it be "First Class Mail Int Parcel" or "First Class Mail International Parcel"? And so far the rates for priority and express seem a bit high as well.

Yep, you're right, International First Class is broken. I'll work on it later today... aggravating. Every time they make a change. And @@TomB01 above is spot on, a lot of times it's stupid change that made no sense to bother making, like adding a - to the description, but it breaks the module.

This is actually the best I've seen them do in several years, only breaking one service.

Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'

Fixed it. Keep in mind my shipping module is pretty heavily modified, but hopefully this will help you find what you need to change. For me it was a single line in /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

//INTERNATIONAL MAIL OPTIONS
  //Change the values to the option you would like
  //FIRST CLASS MAIL INTERNATIONAL OPTION:
  $this->FirstClassIntType = 'Package**';  //OPTIONS: 'Letters', 'Package', 'Large Envelope'
  //PRIORITY FLAT-RATE BOX INTERNATIONAL OPTION:
 // $this->PriorityFlatRateBoxType = 'Medium Flat Rate Box';  // Commented out and allowing admin to select which to displayOPTIONS: 'Small Flat Rate Box', 'Medium Flat Rate Box', Large Flat Rate Box						  

was changed to

$this->FirstClassIntType = 'Parcel**';  //OPTIONS: 'Letters', 'Package', 'Large Envelope'
 // $this->PriorityFlatRateBoxType = 'Medium Flat Rate Box';  // Commented out and allowing admin to select which to displayOPTIONS: 'Small Flat Rate Box', 'Medium Flat Rate Box', Large Flat Rate Box						  

Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'

@@FoundSoul What version of the USPS module are you using? I have an old version and I tried to change that setting that to Parcel** and just Parcel but it still does not work for me. I am afraid I need to completely uninstall and reinstall to the newest version. But I have an odd problem, when I try to change the setting in the admin they do not save.

Fixed it. Keep in mind my shipping module is pretty heavily modified, but hopefully this will help you find what you need to change. For me it was a single line in /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

$this->FirstClassIntType = 'Package**';  //OPTIONS: 'Letters', 'Package', 'Large Envelope'

was changed to

$this->FirstClassIntType = 'Parcel**';  //OPTIONS: 'Letters', 'Package', 'Large Envelope'

I got it working finally but I had to additionally change this line:

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Package**' TO 'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Parcel**'

I'm actually running CRE Loaded's v3.8 module, though it's been pretty heavily worked over by my PHP guy to add some functionality so I'm not sure how 'stock' it is anymore.

CRE's forums pretty much suck so I came here knowing you guys would have the same problem and a very similar solution. I figured I'd either find help, or end up digging in until I found the problem and could then help others ;).

I started with OSC about 7 years ago, then went to CRE and have been running that for 5 years or so. Pretty sure when it comes time to upgrade again I'll be looking for another cart solution. MIght even look back here and see what the latest is... CRE's biggest problem is they're total lack of care for their customer, and the dead forums don't help much.

Edited by FoundSoul

Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'