• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to correctly set up paypal express with only digital downloads

kevinksmith

Can someone please explain to me step by step, or point me to where I can follow exactly how to set up the paypal express checkout module correctly? I have it working, but have to manually approve each download via admin before a user gets a link to download.

Also, what is the significance of these 3 fields in the paypal express setup via admin :

Transaction Method

Choices: Authorization, Sale

Set Order Status

Choices after trying Super Download Store for 2.3.x : default, Delivered, Download now Available, PayPal [Transactions], Pending, Processing, Updated

PayPal Transactions Order Status Level

Choices after trying Super Download Store for 2.3.x : default, Delivered, Download now Available, PayPal [Transactions], Pending, Processing, Updated

Thanks

Kevin,

Set the default status in the PayPal express module to Download Now Available (or any other status over level 10)

Chris

Thanks for your response.

So under 'Set Order Status' I select 'Download Now Available'

and under 'PayPal Transactions Order Status Level' I select 'Download Now Available'

?

Sorry, but I am not getting the significance of these.

Also, how do I know what 'level's these are? And how do I know at what point what the levels are?

Thanks for your response.

Kevin,

If you installed Super download store, it sets new status flags in the database. Updated is 11 and Download now Approved is 12. As long as you set the default status in your PayPal Express module to anything above 10, it will provide your customer with a download link upon checkout. (providing you have setup the download attribute and file name correctly)

Chris

Thanks again.

Can I get a bit of clarification here...

If 'Set Order Status' is over 10, there will be a download link? Does this only occur if payment is accepted?

And if you/anyone could explain the importance of those 2 fields (Set Order Status, PayPal Transactions Order Status Level)

Sorry, but there seems to be some confusion out there as to being sure there is a download available only after payment is accepted.

Kevin,

Yes, if PayPal accepts payment it will send the customer back to the checkout_success page. Which, if set up correctly will give the customer a download link for the file. If the payment is not accepted, the customer goes back to the checkout_payment page and is asked to choose another payment method (if one exists)

The set order status is the status given to completed orders. The paypal transaction order status is also given to completed orders. Both of these need to be set above the status 10 to receive a download link.

Chris

Thanks.

One other detail -

In the download for your module, in the 'Install.html' instructions under 'Installation', in Step # 2 you are supposed to copy some files to their respective positions in your live site.

The last -

/catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_download.gif

does not appear to be included.

Thank you

Kevin,

Sorry for the confusion, I will have to update the add on. In v2.3.1, there is not button image, the button is created with CSS included with the installation instruction.s

Chris

Kevin,

if it is set up correctly then yes. I suggest doing a test purchase to ensure it works correctly before making the site live.

Chris

An order went through but I get a grey box without any download button, or any way to download with the

Item name, Expiration date of link (Link expires:Tuesday 07 December, 1999), and 3 Downloads remaining (my default)

Is there a problem somewhere that has the wrong expiration, so a link doesn't show?

Thanks again

Working now...:)

With all due respect to the person(s) that worked on this module, it quite frankly does not work 'out of the box'

the changes noted in another thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/370022-contribution-super-download-store-for-version-23x/page__hl__super%20download%20store__st__20

worked for me.

Wish it could be all in one place...

Thanks to all, though!

Archived