• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a "Keep Shopping" option?

AngelsRoyale

One that will take my customers back to where they were on my website, when they clicked the "add to cart" button?

I need a link on the osCommerce page of my website that can do that. But I don't want them kicked back to page 1 of my website, I want them kicked back to the place that they clicked "Add to Cart"

I don't want them to shop for my video clips from this page:

http://kirasatira.co...ex.php?cPath=22

I want them shopping from this type of page on my site, of which there will be many:

(Warning, some nudity on this page, but no sexual content)

http://www.kirasatira.com/index2.html

Obviously there will be a lot I can do to improve the first option, as I haven't even added any clips yet (still trying to figure out how to do that). But I don't like the looks of that page at all as a shopping venue. As a shopping cart page that can bounce them back where they started, it would be just fine indeed.

Option 1...

Set show cart to "false" in admin under configuration>>my store

Option 2

add a back button to the shopping cart page...(you can use a javascript back function)

Who me?

I gave up for a while.

After spending 4-5 days trying to install osCommerce and integrate it with my website and ccBill (though apparently it was more or less installed successfully) I was too tired of struggling with it to finish figuring it out. So the website has sat there for about 10 days, selling nothing.

This weekend a real, live programmer friend of mine who used to build shopping carts is hopefully going to fix it up for me. If he doesn't, I suppose I'll have to take the plunge again...

Find this code in shopping_cart.php around line 124 to 131

<p class="stockWarning" align="center"><?php echo OUT_OF_STOCK_CANT_CHECKOUT; ?></p>
<?php
  }
   }
?>
 </div>

and just after add this code

<div class="buttonSet">

<?php $urlfrom = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']; echo '<a style="float:left; margin-left:238px;" class="ui-button ui-widget ui-state-default ui-corner-all ui-button-text-icon-primary ui-priority-primary" href="' . $urlfrom . '"><span class="ui-button-icon-primary ui-icon ui-icon-triangle-1-w"></span>' . '<span class="ui-button-text">Continue Shopping</span>' . '</a>'; ?>

</div>

A nice soluion is to make this operate via admin.

AN on off button.

do the following: SQL run this line:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES(308, 'Display Keep Shopping', 'CHECKOUT_CONTINUE_SHOPPING', '', 'Set to true or false in order to display "Continue Shopping" button on Shopping Cart.', 8, 9, '2011-10-20 04:10:41', '2011-10-20 04:00:41', NULL, tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'), );

now paste this into shopping_cart.php - around 124-131 as per the above post.

<?php if (CHECKOUT_CONTINUE_SHOPPING == true) {

'<p class="fl_left or">'.

$urlfrom = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']; '<a style="float:left; margin-left:238px;" href="' . $urlfrom . '"><span class="ui-button-text">Continue Shopping</span>' . '</a><p class="fl_left"> ';

}

?>

Archived