• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help changing database entry status

Sylvester99

Hi,

I have a heavily modified store. One of the mods that is installed is one that allows me to turn on and off some of the shipping options per customer. (I am not sure if it is a mod or something that I have done - Either way, it works). It is simply a drop down box that enables things like the ability for a customer to add-on to an order. As we manufacture 95% of our products in house, we need to control the ability of customers to add-on to orders.

What we are wanting to do now is have some code that we can put in Checkout Success that automatically disables the ability of customers to add-n to an order. We turn it on manually, but we want it to turn off once they complete checkout.

Can anyone offer some advise on how to achieve this? The database entry for this is in the "customers" section of the database and the entry is called "customer_addon". Our store is a 2.2 store.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dwane.

Dwane,

That isn't hard to do. You just have to identify the flag and turn it off at checkout success.

Chris

Hi Chris,

The hard part is that I have no idea how to do that. I am fairly proficient at working out how code works, but not creating the code. I usually tend to find something similar to what I am trying to achieve and then modify it to suit my needs. But, I can't find anything that does this. (Well, I probably can, but I am not 100% sure and am a little afraid to play too much with the unknown!)

Any chance of a snippet of code that would assist me please?

Thanks for you help. :)

Dwane.

Archived