• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can give me some advise on setting up my shipping/postage for Australia.

I tried to install ozpost multiquote but it says that I need PHP 5.1 and it wont install the module.I also then realised Ozpost multiquote is a paid subscription and I dont really want to have to pay ongoing by the month.

The other shipping modules I see are for v2.2, but can I use them on 3.2.1?

thanks

Sally,

You can install the Australian zones and then set up multigeozone multi tables to set your shipping rates. It won't be EXACT shipping, but you can get it very close to actual cost.

Chris

Thank you! I think that should work well for me but just one question if you dont mind, as I'm such a noob lol...

To install to sql file, I'm logged into mysql/ PHPmyadmin, from there do I just click on upload and select the file? sorry if its a dumb question I just dont want to screw it up by uploading it to the wrong place!

thanks so much for your help

Sally-ann,

open the contents of the SQL file with notepad and copy them. Paste the contents into the SQL tab in phpmyadmin. Then click GO at the bottom of the window.

Chris

Thanks for all your help Chris,

I managed to get it all installed. Australia/new zealand/ outside Australia now show up in the regular zones module but in the Multizones module on the drop down list it only has "rest of world"

I also dont understand how the customer would know if they're selecting regular, express, etc but maybe I just need to have a break and re-read the instructions.

Thank you!