• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Subcategory images not appearing on category page

WebDev22

The subcategory images won't display despite adding different values in 'Subcategory Image Height' and 'Subcategory Image Width' under 'Configuration > Images'. Only the subcategory titles appear. Any suggestions? I'm running v2.2 RC2a.

Either you have not put the images in the right place on the server or the code to display them has been removed.

If the former you will get a red broken image icon on your shop page, more likely the latter.

See www.w3schools.com for how to show images.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Either you have not put the images in the right place on the server or the code to display them has been removed.

If the former you will get a red broken image icon on your shop page, more likely the latter.

See www.w3schools.com for how to show images.

HTH

G

It's the latter. I wonder if a contribution has disabled it.

No, it was probably a human :-)

Suspect the original was something like this

$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '			    <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

No, it was probably a human whistling.gif)

Suspect the original was something like this

$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

HTH

G

You're probably right. What file is this?

index.php

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

index.php

You're right. Part of that was commented out. However, it's now displaying some really whacked out dimensions, with stretched images. I'm headed to admin to see if the issue can be fixed from there.

either put in the width or the height but not both.

See the first posts in the installation forum.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Archived