• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

use as intranet webshop

MichielAalders

hello everybody,

i work for a big company in the IT department, we have to order alot of stuff on a regular base and this causes alot of unclear paperwork for the people who have to relay this to the right department, so we came up with the idea to create a webshop from which most of the stuff can be ordered .

so my questions are.1.) is it possible to run this as an internal service on our intranet? 2.) is it possible to remove price's and payment options? i mean like when you have the stuff in your cart that you can just press checkout and a form will be send to the people who check and order this stuff.

alot of thanks in advance

Yes to both. You can run osCommerce on a local server or host it online restricting access via password so that only company people can access, this could be part of the company website. And of course you can disable/bypass any shipping/payment options or maybe modify them, eg to get the info from the ordering department if the need is urgent or not, or anything like that

In the admin you can disable/remove any shipping/payment modules. You will need to keep a "fake" payment, that will not appear or ask for any info input anywhere, that's the easiest way to go.

To "bypass" the 2 stages of the checkout process you will need to edit manually 2 files checkout_shipping.php and checkout_payment.php, there is somewhere a post in this forum about, search the "tip and trick" section, I think it's there

2.) is it possible to remove price's and payment options? i mean like when you have the stuff in your cart that you can just press checkout and a form will be send to the people who check and order this stuff.

Part of #2 seems like an addon. Check >>this. With slight modification, it's doable.

Part of #2 seems like an addon. Check >>this. With slight modification, it's doable.

This would remove any cart and purchase functions altogether.

As I understand the issue, the website should still function as a store but without any payment/shipping since it's meant for internal company use only, so the basic checkout function should stay in place

Normally in an intra-business transfer situation, everything still has a price (cost). You probably still want to list some sort of price How it's paid for is another matter (some sort of internal transfer/accounting bookkeeping hoo-hah, rather than what osC normally thinks of as payment). The payment module may be as simple as "Enter the accounting information for this transfer".

Archived