• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Odd problem with Checkout Process - Forbidden Error for one customer only.

Sylvester99

I came across a strange problem today with one customer. The customer had a cart full of products and then went into checkout. At the Shipping page, she entered the comments for her order. She then hit Continue and the following error message came up:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/checkout_shipping.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I then went through and placed an order and it was fine. Another 5 or 6 orders were placed and they were all fine. But this one customer would not place the order. She tried on FF7, IE8 and on a smart phone of some sort. But they all gave the same result - Forbidden.

I then told her that I would place the order for her, so she forwarded the comments through to me and I signed in to her account and tried to place the order for her. And - Forbidden.

I then deleted the comments and it was fine. So then I started adding the comment back in one by one. It was fine for the first few word, but then I entered "Valium" and I got Forbidden again. I deleted "Valium" and all was OK. So I entered all the other comments besides "Valium" and it was fine. As soon as I out "Valium" in, I got Forbidden again. So I deleted the "m" from "Valium" and it was fine.

I also tried all of this on the Payment page comments box and it behaved exactly the same.

My store is fairly heavily modified, although I have not modded the checkout process much at all. The main addition is the MATC (Must Accept Terms and Conditions) contribution. But I am hoping that someone out there can help me with a solution to this problem. My concern is that there may be other words that also cause problems down the track and I would rather try and get to the bottom of it now if I can. Or if someone else has MATC installed, then maybe they could check it for me?

Thanks!

Dwane.

Dwane,

Word filters are not very common for an osCommerce installation but there are some available. I would guess your site has one installed.

Chris

Archived