• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cant get past htaccess file

Havent had to change any file details in quite a few years, now bluegravity have decided to stop supporting the old version of php, it caused quite a few error's when I tried to log into my admin pages, I confess i have made it worse trying to fix it, and at the minute I cant even get past my htaccess file to even get the error messages back up so I can look into them, I have checked my catalog/includes file and admin/includes file log in details with my host's mysql details and they are the same yet the htaccess file will not accept them, can anyone help that has had similiar problems, maybe even with bluegravity, is there another file somewhere I need to check details???

If they've upgraded to PHP 5.3, there are a number of "deprecated function" warnings you'll be getting. You can fix them (replace them with new calls), upgrade to osC 2.3.1 (which doesn't get the warnings), or there are tricks to suppress the warnings (but that's somewhat dangerous). You don't need to sign on to osC in order to make the fixes.

Can't you unroll your "fixes" and get back in? What are you doing with your .htaccess? I've never heard of an .htaccess file "not accepting" files. What kind of errors are you getting?

Hi Phil

Thanks for your reply, I am desperate and an os dummy blink.png

I was getting all the errors you mention at the beginning of my problems, but that has to wait now, I cant get past my admin htaccess so I can get those error messages back, then I can work on them, but it will not accept my username and or password for some reason, I have checked over and over again that the user, password and db names in catalog/includes.php and admin/includes.php match the details in my bluegravity mysql manager and bluegravity are being of no help what so ever, do you know of any other files that store my user/pass/dbname ???

Greatly appreciated

Tom

There are two configure.php files, that contain the database name, user name, and password. Could someone have "accidentally" changed your password, or removed the user, in phpMyAdmin and/or your hosting control panel? Be sure to check there that the user exists and has the appropriate privileges, and change the password there if nothing else works (then change it in the configure.php files).

Note that if you can't get into a password-protected directory, that has nothing to do with osC and its database. That's an issue that your host will have to fix for you.

Hi Phil

Already tried all your suggestions, even added a new user and it still didn't work, and there deffinetly is nowhere else that the user name and password is in the script, nott sure if that makes sense, what I mean is the user details actualy in the db script as like a second line of defence ?? crying.gif

Ok Phil cheers, I'l check once I get my computer back, got a bad virus/bug while looking for software for reading mysql, phpmysql will not work for me, or maybe thats were I picked up the virus, but at the minute haveing to use personal laptop, which I do not load up with programes like my shop one. so cant do anything to next week, think bluegravity has now deliberatly sabotaged my site cause I was mouthing off at them cause they offer no site scripting help what so ever, hosting and hosting only, know any good hosting companies that can also give scripting support for OScommerce ???

Very few, if any, "general" hosting companies will offer scripting support for any user-supplied application, unless you pay them the going hourly rate (above and beyond their hosting fees). You might be better off finding a PHP/MySQL expert who can work with you on your problem, and leave the hosting company out of the loop.

Hi Phil

Found 4 configure.php files with a site search, unfortunately even though they are all exact same user and password, they are still not accepted unsure.png

at my wits end, dont know what to do now, any other ideas ???

My server stopped support php 1.1 and anything below php 5, would the old php scripting have anything to do with it ???

As for servers, I thought i seen one advertised here that give ecommerce tech support ??

appreciate you trying to help.

For many years, osC was written for PHP 4. Older versions of PHP 5 will usually work OK, but once you get to PHP 5.3 all hell breaks loose until you fix the "deprecated" errors. I have no idea what PHP 1.1 is -- that would be positively Stone Age. Other than the "deprecated" errors, there was nothing that was terribly incompatible with the current level of PHP (5.3). Are you unable to roll back all your changes you made? You should have backed up your files and database before trying to fix it, and kept notes on what you changed.

Your best bet would probably be to more or less start over with a fresh install of osC 2.3.1, as between you and your host it sounds like you've made a complete hash of your system. I don't know what your old version was, so I can't tell you if it's worth trying to salvage the database from the old one. It can be done, but I wouldn't advise you to try it, unless it's recent enough that there is an "upgrade" path for it. Product images can be salvaged. Customer data and accounts will probably be the biggest loss for you.

Four configure.php files? Most unusual. Note that the two in includes/ and admin/includes/ are different. I'm not sure about the local/ (?) one, and have never heard of a fourth one.

Aslong as you can access your db directly via hosting controlpanel/phpmyadmin , you should be able to "salvage" customer/order/products info and then "reform" it and import it into a brand new 2.31 shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar scenario when my hosting company upgraded to PHP version 5.3.8 / MySQL version 5.0.92-community, so I started again with a new install of OScommerce 2.3.1.

Exported the tables from the old install using the cpanel PHP Myadmin, and imported using the same in the new install.

HOWEVER ... now I cant login to the admin panel ??? Anyone ?

Archived