• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change old category name in the header?

yadetar

Hello,

When I started with my OsC 2.3.1 site, I named the categories with random words. Now I have faced big problems with that, when the site is running as a public e-commerce site. Even though I have changed the categories to be right of course (in the admin), for some reason the program keeps the old firstly named categories in one header (and the most important header in my site sad.png ).

When I try to find those old words from the database or from the OsC files, the only file where those old category words were found was OsC database backup! For some reason the OsC database backup keeps the firstly named categories and has this major effect.

Please please, could someone help me and tell me how to change those old words? It's quite awkward when people google the hitproduct of my site, there is this nonsense on the header..

I know that one option is to do new folder, but please tell me that there is another option too. (I got quite many items under this hit product folder, so it's very time consuming..)

Thank you for your help in advance!

Best Regards,

Yadetar

Ps. to be exact, the header, which I need to change is in this order:

index/the hit product / nonsense1 / nonsense2

So they are subheaders. These nonsense headers show up only when being in the root of this hit product. And it shows up only in the header, not in the address.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived