• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL troubleshooting questions

I've recently setup a shopping card. When I did the initial installation of oscommerce, I chose the option to enable SSL. I purchased a standard SSL cert. and had my host install on the server. However when I click on My Account, I get the following errors...I just want to know if I shouldn't have enabled SSL when I originally install OSCommerce, or if my web host provider didn't install the certificate correctly? I can't get any feedback from them, so I'm trying to see if it's them or me. If it's me, can someone help me w/ how to correct?

FIREFOX

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to wildwomanjewelry.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

GOOGLE CHROME...

SSL connection error

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

Chris,

Was the SSL issued to www.wildwomanjewelry.com or was it issued to wildwomanjewelry.com, there is a difference. Also ensure your configure.php file has the cookies set up correctly.

Chris

I went into the configure.php file in the admin folder of the site and changed the http:// and https:// to show www.wildwomanjewelry.com/ to see if that work.

SSL either isn't installed at all or installed incorrecty or other problems on the server exist.

When this link works then troubleshoot problems with the store.

Until the link above works don't bother with things in the shop because it's pointless.

The link is just a HTTPS link to the index HTML file in the root folder. Until it works nothing HTTPS in the shop will work either.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

ok..I've been after my web host provider to look as the SSL cert on their side, but every ticket I put in they just close the ticket, and it stays broken. Maybe time to look for another provider. I REALLY appreciate the help, and insight.

Archived