• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Footer Content Modules for V2.3

tgely

Hi,

v1.3 HFC uploaded. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8165 only for v2.3.3.4

This version is total revision and full package. Not need install other packages. @@friendpu try this one.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi,

v1.3 HFC uploaded. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8165 only for v2.3.3.4

This version is total revision and full package. Not need install other packages. @@friendpu try this one.

I installed v1.3 HFC with oscom v. 2.3.3.4. It is really a great add-on.

Please, see my test in the attached image.

What changes should I do to enter in the menu Categories instead Manufactures?

and

How to change the name of the menu?

Can help me please?

post-314106-0-65248600-1392023008_thumb.png

Edited by Eduardo9350

Side admin there is the following warning:

Warning: include(/home/u881455162/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_menu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u881455162/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 129 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/u881455162/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_menu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/u881455162/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 129

Please see the following image:

post-314106-0-00785400-1392031064_thumb.png

Hi,

yes two language file are missed. I will edit the search module, which was not updated with SSL request and upload the new package.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Basicly is not a good way to use handly categories or manufacturers in menu without automatism and cache system.

But you can do it by this way:

linked file: index.php

Link's parameter: cPath=23_21

The parent's key depends on your preconfigured menu element id.

I am not an expert in php.

Your answer did not help me.

I need to build a system of distribution of e-books with hundreds of sub-categories using a Superfish navbar.

In the menu there will be just 6 or 7 categories. The subcategories will also be an hundred.

It is a non-profit organization with a cultural purpose.

Your MenuMaker is able to build a horizontal menu:

Hardware Software DVD Movies Gadgets

with mouse over - Superfish navbar.

To achieve this, what should I put in the 6 areas of your menu maker?

Edited by Eduardo9350

Hi,

I installed the latest version of this add-on. However, I am not getting categories displayed with superfish nav-bar.

Is it possible to do this with the contribution?

Is there information on how you achieved the results as shown in your screenshot (module in action) with the menu on top. Information- search- sitemap and the way your menu drops down?

Thank you in advance

•  
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/lakwiman/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/lakwiman/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

@@dinera

Use upgraded package but I am affraid of you have a fatal missmatch in your core when php scrit loop back to application_top.php again.

@@Eduardo9350

I am not support hundreds of categories in menu module. The left categories box is that way to use. Over 100 of links the google will drop the store from indexes. Why do this?

@@Eduardo9350

I am not support hundreds of categories in menu module. The left categories box is that way to use. Over 100 of links the google will drop the store from indexes. Why do this?

Many thanks about google engine information.

My system will become a kind of catalog of books (several thousand), which are the products.

The categories will be just 5: Antiquity - Baroque - Classical - Romantic - Modern.

Each category will include from 10 to 60 or more subcategories, which are the names of the authors.

I hope to be in the standard.

Your menu, Superfish navbar, should give me the opportunity to show with good visibility a very large amount of authors' names.

Tell me if I have clearly expressed my thoughts.

Many thanks for your attention.

Well the different is between menu and basic categories box is that the menu are listing all links into html code when categories box only the opened category links. I suggest you try to think about other navigation method. The menu module is in the header so all of your shop page are displaying the menu links.

Menu module is good for collect some important link into a block by hand and display them in selected position which could be Authors and categories but only some.

For example information.php, about_us.php, new_products.php, contact_us.php, specials.php, shipping.php, cookie_usage.php and so on.

Klimaton has a good first page module for you where you can display all authors by alpabetic and you can do a better navigation system but this mod you need a php programmer.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I started again with a clean 2.3.3.4 install and HFC 1.3 and header tags modules sort order bugfix .

In Figure 1 is when I select Header-Footer Contents.

post-328484-0-91712700-1398339971_thumb.jpg

In Figure 2 after choosing to install the first module appears you can not install any module.

I can not install or edit any module.

post-328484-0-98233000-1398339984_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

This is usually caused by a broken module file in your /includes/modules/header_footer_contents/ directory. Try re-uploading all of the files in that directory.

f that doesn't work, delete each file in that directory, one at a time, until the Admin starts working again. The last one that you deleted is the problem file.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 weeks later...

I have resolved the error of "unexpected T_CLASS on line 1" with some help of another answer here. I thought I would post a more recent fix to this for anyone else who is having this issue.

The problem comes from the type of ftp transfer you are doing, Typically an all text file would be transferred by ASCII and images, videos and other files by binary however for some reason, and I have seen this before, the coding is written in such a manner that some hosting companies settings interpret this incorrectly.

If you get these parse errors, make note of the file it is saying is creating the error. You will probably see a few as you go through this fix. Instead of copying and pasting from the original file to the server file, try transferring as a binary file first. Check your FTP manager settings to find where you can change from AUTO to BINARY.

You should never transfer PHP files as binaries*. This will corrupt the file. Transferring PHP files as ASCII should always be safe. There is something very wrong with your software if this does not work.

*You can sometimes get away with this if the server and local computer are running the same operating system. This is rarely the case.

Regards

Jim

I am unsure whether anyone monitors this topic or not but I have a simple styling question. I have installed this module, everything I want to add works perfectly but instead of a right alignment on the sub-footer, I want a center alignment. I have tried many different things in the places I thought it would work but can't find the answer.

Any ideas?

You should never transfer PHP files as binaries*. This will corrupt the file. Transferring PHP files as ASCII should always be safe. There is something very wrong with your software if this does not work.

*You can sometimes get away with this if the server and local computer are running the same operating system. This is rarely the case.

Regards

Jim

Jim, you were the person who told me that you had to fix my USPS by transferring the usps.php as binary instead of ascii to get my module to work a few months ago. Don't you rememeber?

Edited by L. Haase

Yes, and that only works in a few very specific cases.

You should always transfer text files as ASCII. If that doesn't work, something is wrong with your FTP client or the host's FTP server, or possibly with your editor. If you can't fix the problem, a binary transfer may work, but it's a last resort when everything else fails. Binary transfer will probably fail as well, but it's something to try.

Regards

Jim

Agreed. I am in no way a programmer although I do understand HTML and CSS. PHP and MySQL escape me other than being able to recognize opening and closing tags sometimes. It was your fix on my USPS and a comment on this topic that made me try it. I had tried copying the correctly formatted code directly into the server file and it still came up garbled again. It was only by transferring binary that it worked in this specific instance.

I use Filezilla and set my default editor to wordpad instead of notepad. That might have something to do with the code being garbled when opened. I know wordpad allows some formatting that notepad does not. I do know that the simpler the editor you use (pure text editor) the less likely you will have formatting issues come up but I just don't like notepad's wrap function. It makes it difficult to read the code without the indents and line breaks.

I have your box here. Adding products as they cure.